Refund Promise by TicketPlan: Ahead of the crowd on ticket protection
Please Note: The following summary outlines the protection provided by TicketPlan for tickets purchased on or after the 1st November 2023. For full details please refer to the TicketPlan full terms and conditions.
what your refund protection covers you for:
Except as provided below under the heading “When we will not refund”, we will refund the cost of your booking if you are unable to attend a booked event due to:
- unexpected disruption of the public transport network resulting in delay, cancellation, mechanical breakdown or accident in relation to the public transport network
- the death, accident, or illness happening to you, a member of your immediate family or any person(s) in the group due to attend the booked event with you
- the mechanical breakdown, accident, fire or theft en route of a private vehicle taking you to the booked event
- jury service of which you had not received notice at the time of the booking
- burglary or fire at your residence in the 48 hours immediately before the booked event
- you being summoned to appear in court proceedings as a witness of which you had not received notice at the time of booking
- you being a member of the armed forces and being posted abroad and/or having leave withdrawn unexpectedly
- adverse weather where the Met Office have issued a red weather warning or where the Police service or other Government agency have issued a specific warning not to travel
what your refund protection does not cover you for:
TicketPlan will not make a refund where:
- an illness or the death of you, a member of your group or a member of your immediate family is caused by or is as a result of a pre-existing medical condition
- the booked event is cancelled, abandoned, postponed, curtailed or relocated by the organiser or promoter prior to the booking
- you choose not to attend the event for a reason not outlined in section; Our Promise: When we will refund
- you cannot provide a doctor’s report for accident or illness
- where a normal pregnancy is the sole reason you cannot attend a booked event, with the exception of pregnancy which occurs after the purchase date and where the expected date of delivery is within 4 weeks of the booked event
- disruption of the public transport network which is public knowledge prior to the booked event
- you make a false or fraudulent refund application or support a refund application by false or fraudulent document, device or statement
what you need to submit a application:
- *A doctor's report or completed medical confirmation form for accident or illness applications or a death certificate where appropriate
- Confirmation from the rescue/repair service or public transport provider. For the breakdown of a private vehicle, where no rescue or repair service applies, a copy garage repair bill or parts receipt or in the case of a motor accident application, confirmation from the vehicle motor insurers, vehicle repairers or police.
- Confirmation letter from the court
- Letter from the Police, Fire Brigade or Household insurer
- Police or hospital report to confirm incident
- The original unused ticket or assignment of rights to the non-issued tickets
*In respect of any illness or injury application, TicketPlan will request their medical confirmation form completed by your GP. Your doctor may charge you for this documentation for which you will be liable and as a result, may reduce the effectiveness of any refund issued. This is especially true for lower value ticket purchases.
Where applicable alternative medical documentation may be suitable for our needs such as GP consultation notes or a hospital report.
By submitting this refund application to be reviewed you confirm that you are of the belief that you have a relevant qualifying circumstance outlined above. Your application does not arise from any of the circumstances which are not protected and you are also in possession of the supporting documentation required.
* Please Note: The following summary outlines the cover provided by Refund Protection for tickets purchased on or after the 1st November 2023, Covid-19 cover does vary for tickets purchased prior to this date. For full details please refer to the Refund Protection full terms and conditions.