Ministry Of Sound in London Events and tickets
Ministry Of Sound in London events
Glitterbox: Todd Terry
- Saturday 10th December
- After a stunning four months in Ibiza and a show-stopping day & night party in London back in August, Glitterbox returns to Ministry Of Sound
Ministry of Sound Snow Rave 2k16
- Tuesday 13th December
- London's Biggest Midweek Rave is about to get Snowy! 3 Rooms of music, £3 Drinks & Santa Claus!
Popular Event: 839 attending
- Saturday 17th December
- The Audio Rehab crew continue their residency at Ministry of Sound this winter 2016
Rinse: Boxing Day
- Monday 26th December
- Line-up: The Box: Heartless Crew, Novelist, Abra Cadabra, Zinc + Tippa, Geeneus...
- Saturday 31st December
- Defected is probably the one and only label that carried House music's legacy into the 21st century.
NYE: Defected In The House
- Saturday 31st December
- The party is an opportunity for the whole Defected family to get together and celebrate a truly momentous year!
- Saturday 7th January 2017
- Saturday Sessions returns to the Ministry of Sound on Saturday 14th January 2017
- Saturday 14th January 2017
- VeryVeryVeryWrong is back at Ministry of Sound on Saturday 14th January 2017
Together: People From Ibiza
- Saturday 28th January 2017
- Together is back at Ministry of Sound with People from Ibiza on Saturday 28th January 2017
- Saturday 11th February 2017
- Together returns to Ministry of Sound with Marshmello on Saturday 11th February 2017
Do you own/manage Ministry Of Sound? Use our free Event Promotion Centre to claim/edit this venue.
Do you promote an event at Ministry Of Sound that's not listed? Use our free Event Promotion Centre to add/edit your events
Ministry Of Sound venue information
The club comprises five main areas; the Bar, the Baby Box, the VIP and the Loft and the Box, the latter housing the club’s primary sound-system, with a specially-built roof to contain sound and a
sprung floor intended to enable clubbers to dance for many hours without tiring.
Originally conceived with influences from New York’s Paradise Garage, Ministry of Sound has had numerous makeovers over the years that have taken it some distance from the original gritty disused bus shelter that boasted flexible plastic doors, no alcohol licence and rooms connected with scaffold walkways. But its beating heart, the Box, remains much the same as it did the day it opened, its focus on sound and production is still at the forefront of the technology of its time.
What has continually set Ministry of Sound apart from other venues, and is the reason that it remains one of the clubbing wonders of the world; is its commitment to sound and production at the forefront of everything they do. Every year, the Ministry of Sound invests thousands of pounds on improving the club, and this year the annual refurb has seen some drastic changes to sound, lights and production, as well as a brand new VIP area!
Today Ministry of Sound remains at the absolute forefront of the global dance scene, with Friday nights playing host to regular night The Gallery who represent leading names in Trance and Saturday nights seeing Ministry of Sound’s long standing Saturday Sessions welcome the World’s greatest international DJs each week. DJ's include Andy C, Amine Edge & DANCE, Basement Jaxx, Catz 'N Dogz, Erick Morillo, Gorgon City, Groove Armada, Masters At Work, Maya Jane Coles, MK, Route 94, Secondcity, Skream.
Name: Ministry Of Sound
Phone: 0870 060 0010
Type of venue: Nightclub
Dress Code: Jeans, T-Shirts and trainers all fine
Opening Hours: Fridays 10:30pm - 6:30am (last entry 4:30am) and Saturdays 11pm - 7am (last entry 4:30am)
Food Served: A food concession stand can be found outside in the courtyard if you need to refuel
Parking Details: Limited street parking available outside venue, private car park on Newton Causeway
Address: 103 Gaunt Street, Elephant and Castle, London, SE1 6DP
Venue short url: http://www.skiddle.com/venues/281/
Music Policy: House, Techno, Underground beats
Ambiance: An unrivalled sound and visual experience
Drinks Served: 4 fully licenced bars
Disabled Facilities: Yes
Nearest Bus Stop: Newington Causeway
Want to see more venues like this?
View more members who like Ministry Of Sound, plus recomendations for similar venues: Ministry Of Sound favourites page
Hotels near Ministry Of Sound
Use our hotel search to find hotels within walking distance of Ministry Of Sound. We also show live pricing and availability, plus you can book online - at no extra charge!
View Hotels near Ministry Of Sound »
Restaurants near Ministry Of Sound
Why not make a night of it and have a meal before you go out? We've got the lowdown on all the best resturants - book a table online for free!
View Restaurants near Ministry Of Sound »
Nightclubs in London
Looking for some alternatives? Our complete guide to clubs in London will show all nightclub events for you to take your pick!
View Nightclubs in London »
Bars in London
Looking for some pre club drinks? Our complete guide to bars in London will show you all of the local bars and pubs!
View Bars in London »