Photo: Judge Jules
With Ibiza's 2016 season just moments away from hitting its stride, we've continued to speak to some of the island's most experienced visitors, ravers and DJs, to get the inside scoop on where's best to check out this year.
This time round we spoke to one of the true Ibiza veterans, a man who's commanded his own massively successful 'Judgement' parties for longer than any other DJ themed clubnight has been around on the island - Judge Jules.
Returning to Eden on June 24th, Judgement will be held every Friday at the superclub, featuring the likes of Jaguar Skills, Jonathan Ulysses, 99 Souls, Son of 8 and tonnes more. Head here for more on Judgement Ibiza.
Where do you stay on the island when you're there and why?
My house in Cala Salada. A tranquil home from home, tucked away in the hills, somewhere I’ve owned for 15 years.
What makes Ibiza so special?
The party capital of the world, with a highly developed infrastructure of bars, clubs, restaurants, plus wonderful beaches, all set in an island that’s compact enough to pack a huge amount into any visit.
Where are your favourite places to eat?
- Hostel La Torre, Cap Negret – a hotel-cum-restaurant with incredible sunset views serving tapas with a modern twist.
- Fish Shack Talamanca – imagine trendy Spanish fish & chips
- Can Tixedo – cool international tapas in a restaurant-cum-art gallery
- El Chiringuito, Es Cavallet beach, the best of many great beach clubs across the island
Photo: Judgement at Eden
And the best places to go out?
- Judgement – My weekly night at Eden (above), the longest standing DJ themed club night in Ibiza
- Craig David's TS5 Pool Party, every Sunday at Ibiza Rocks House at Pikes
- Dance 88/89 at Sankeys, Wednesdays weekly at Sankeys, back to the old skool acid house era retro explosion
Who do you think will be the star of the season this year?
Watch out for the Mambo Brothers, the DJing duo who are the sons of the legendary Café Mambo dynasty.
Where is the best place to watch the sun set and rise on the island?
The iconic sunset strip containing Café Del Mar and Café Mambo attracts tens of thousands every night, clapping as the sun disappears into the vanishing point in the Mediterranean.
For someone about to come to Ibiza for the first time, what are the three things they must do before their time is out?
- Climb up to the summit of the old town, constructed between the 13th and 16th centuries and a world heritage site
- Watch the sunset at Es Vedra
- Visit at least two of the legendary clubs, because one simply wouldn’t be enough.
What’s the island's greatest hidden secret?
Punta Galera, difficult to access but hugely popular rocks jutting out from the cliffs like large flat shelves from where you can sunbathe, dive and buy a beverage from the many impromptu bars in hippies’ cool boxes. There is never any shade, and sunsets are spectacular.
What is your fondest memory of your time spent on the island?
The time before the media shone its spotlight on the island and the clubs never shut, when the expression ‘going home time’ wasn’t in the Ibiza dictionary.
Judgement will be at Eden every Friday from June 24th – September 23rd. Head here or below for Judgement Opening Party tickets.
More like this? Try out Amine Edge & DANCE's Insider Guide.
Tickets are no longer available for this event