#28 of 517 music venues in Manchester
Gullivers events and tickets
Skiddle is an official primary ticket outlet for Gullivers in Manchester. Find 11 upcoming events below. Tickets can be purchased directly from Skiddle:
- Thursday 21st October
- A fresh, new and exciting garage/indie-rock band based in Manchester, with a catalogue of catchy and driven songs.
- Thursday 25th November
- Sam Brookes headlines the intimate Gullivers in Manchester. Hot ticket!
- Monday 29th November
- Psych Rockers PSYCHIC MARKERS on Bella Union head to Manchester's NQ for a night of motorik beats and far out rock! Do Not Miss! Time to get heady.
The Gulls @ Gullivers
- Friday 3rd December
- Part of the 'Don't Feed The Gulls Tour' The Gulls will be playing at Gullivers in Manchester on the 3rd of December 2021
- Friday 10th December
- Danny Mahon returns to the stage for a rare and intimate hometown show this December
- Sunday 12th December
- A night of live music curated by Kill-Joy Promotions. Featuring unmissable talent from Manchester and beyond…
- Thursday 3rd February 2022
- After amassing 20 million Spotify streams, Huntar brings a rare live show to Manchester in 2022
- Wednesday 30th March 2022
- Dream pop act, Wyldes, live at Gullivers, Manchester
- Thursday 7th April 2022
- Nove Wave Presents Folly Group at Gullivers, Manchester on Thursday 7th April 2022.
View all 11 upcoming events · View past events
Do you promote an event at Gullivers that's not listed? Use our free Event Promotion Centre to add/edit your events
Hotels and AirBnbs near Gullivers
Need a place to stay? Compare every available hotel deal and Airbnb near Gullivers, so book today to secure the best price!
News, interviews and roundups from Skiddle's inhouse editorial team
Reviews of Gullivers in Manchester
Showing the latest reviews from all events held at Gullivers.
View all 164 reviews
Gullivers venue information
The origins of Gullivers are hard to trace and shrouded in mystery but an appeal for the refusal of an ale house license in 1865 suggests this is when it opened. Originally a Wilson’s house called The Albert Hotel, then The Grenadier, J.W. Lees brewery bought the pub in the 1970s. They renamed it Gullivers and restored the green tiling to the front of the building whilst the original tiling is still visible at the Tib Street end. Gullivers has had an eclectic history of different guises over the years, encompassing everything from a jazz club to a transvestite bar.
Situated on the lively strip of Oldham Street in Manchester’s ever changing Northern Quarter, Gullivers has been re-imagined as a lively, bustling bar with some of the best atmosphere, music and bands on offer in Manchester.
Having already rejuvenated the top of Oldham Street with the hugely successful and popular Castle Hotel, we want to help make this area a vital new hub of activity in the Northern Quarter.
With a newly refurbished ballroom and smaller acoustic lounge hosting live music and entertainment from local and breaking acts, you can say you saw it here first! Focusing on heady times, friendly faces and rock ‘n’ roll, the new Gullivers welcomes you to take this adventure with us.
In addition to our welcoming bar and fillerless jukebox, our upstairs venue is truly a one-of-a kind in the Northern Quarter. Continuing with the building’s history as a well known music venue we have sympathetically restored upstairs, using original features, to a decadent ballroom space. There are few (if any!) better places to see a variety of Up – and Coming and established bands. Once known as the Blue Room the venue has played host to a number of more rebellious acts including Victor Brox and, on February 15th 1952, licensing justices felt the need to ban an event featuring Alan Hare’s Blue Note Jazzmen, suggesting Gullivers has always gone against the grain!
You may be familiar with Gulliver’s Travels, a story in which our protagonist meets fascinating people in a curious and exciting land, yet always makes it back home (albeit in a slightly dishevelled state). This may sound familiar to those of you that have come to see us… For those that haven’t; sound like fun?
Honest, vibrant and unique, Gullivers is your new alternative in the Northern Quarter. No pretensions and no gimmicks, forget about tomorrow for now and come join us for the ride!
Venue contact details and info