What your Refund Protection covers you for:
If you or a member of your party cannot attend your booked event due to:
- Accident, bodily injury or illness
- Death of a member of your party or an immediate family member
- Transit delay including breakdown or failure of transport whilst travelling to the event
- Strikes, riots, civil commotion, martial law
- Restricted access to the venue caused by flood, fire, explosion or the act of a constituted authority to protect public health and safety
- Adverse weather including snow, fog, frost or storm preventing attendance at the venue
- Jury service
- Being required to remain at home due to fire, accident, burglary, storm or environmental damage
- Being the victim of a robbery, mugging or physical assault whilst travelling to the event
All subject to the full terms of the Refund Protection
What your Refund Protection DOES NOT covers you for:
Please note the following are NOT qualifying circumstances for a Refund and any refund application for such will be rejected:
- Not being able to attend the event due to now having to work at that time
- The event coincides with another event that you would rather attend.
- Not being admitted at the entrance of the event due to inappropriate clothing
- The venue being full or by the discretion of the security guards.
- A refund application for illness of someone who is not attending the event.
- A refund application for a pre-existing illness, which already existed when you purchased the ticket(s)
- A refund application for now being pregnant and therefore not able to or not wanting to attend the event
What you need to submit a claim:
You will need to provide one of the following supporting documents:
- *A doctor's note or report for accident or illness claims or a death certificate where appropriate
- Confirmation from the rescue/ repair service or public transport provider. For the breakdown of a private vehicle, where no rescue or repair service applies, a copy garage repair bill or parts receipt or in the case of a motor accident claim, confirmation from the vehicle motor insurers, vehicle repairers or police.
- Confirmation from AA Roadwatch, Transport Police or similar as appropriate
- Confirmation letter from the court
- Letter from the Police, Fire Brigade or Household insurer
- Police or hospital report to confirm incident
- The original unused ticket or assignment of rights to the non-issued tickets
*In respect of any illness or injury claim, the third-party insurer will request a statutory sick note as issued by your doctor. If you are employed or in full-time education then your doctor will issue this document without charge. If, however, you are not employed or in full-time education, your doctor may charge you for this documentation for which you will be liable and as a result, may reduce the effectiveness of any insurance claim refund issued. This is especially true for lower value ticket purchases.
What you need to know about refund protection and Covid-19:
- The purpose of the ticket refund protection policy is to provide you with a refund if you are unable to attend an event you have booked. It does not provide a refund should the event be forced to cancel, postpone or change location. In any of these circumstances Skiddle will email you directly regarding your options.
- Covid-19 claims are covered if it causes a circumstance which is covered and outlined above. For example, illness or death.
- Government restrictions are covered if they prevent you from attending an event which is still able to go ahead as scheduled. For example, if you are personally quarantined or if you are or live with a person deemed to be a member of avulnerable group.
- The documentation (outlined above) which is required to support your claim will still be requested as normal. We understand that in certain circumstances this evidence may not be available to you during the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore,reasonable alternatives will be explored or leeway may be given. This will depend on the specific circumstances outlined within your claim.
- Please note that the usual exclusions to the refund protection policy still apply. For example, illness known to you at the time of booking would still be excluded.
By submitting this refund application to be assessed you confirm that you are of the belief that you have a relevant qualifying refund circumstance under the Refund Protection Covers noted above and your application does not arise from any of the circumstances listed in 1-7 above and are in possession of the required supporting documentation.
* Please note: Once a claim has been raised, your ticket(s) will subsequently be removed from your order history.