Leeds' annual German Christmas Market - or Christkindelmarkt - returns to Milennium Square on November 9th 2012.
Now in its 11th season, Christkindelmarkt is one of the most established traditional Christmas Markets in the UK offering a little something for everyone, featuring:
- A scenic winter 'village' of over 40 traditional wooden chalet stalls
- Seasonal gift ideas, unique Christmas decorations and hand-crafted toys
- Speciality food, drink and authentic German delicacies including; gluhwein, bratwurst, goulash, snitzels and stollen
- Festive family funfair attractions including a carousel, dodgems and children's convoy rides
- The Frankfurter-scheune - a beautifully hand-crafted authentic German Bierkeller featuring regular live entertainment and specialist food menu.
Christkindelmarkt is open daily in 2012 from
November 9 - December 16
10.30am - 9.30pm* Monday - Saturday
10.30am - 7.30pm Sunday
* Selected stalls open until 10.30pm (last orders for licensed stalls at 10.15pm)
Millennium Square is situated in the heart of the Civic quarter and surrounded by some of the city's most historic buildings including, Leeds Civic Hall, Leeds Town Hall, Leeds General Infirmary, Electric Press development and the City Museum.