Reviews of Camp Bestival
An awe inspiring multi award winning family festi-holiday set in the stunning grounds of Lulworth Castle, Dorset every summer.
The sister festival of Bestival, in its first year Camp Bestival was awarded Best New Festival in 2008 at the UK Festival Awards and has since won Best Family Festival four times at the awards in 2014, 2013, 2010 & 2009.
Set in the majestic grounds of Lulworth Castle, on Dorset’s dramatic Jurassic coastline, Camp Bestival is jam-packed with entertainment, from stellar musical morsels and cultural delights to stunning sideshow attractions and lashings of family fun.
Disabled Access Information
Electric wheelchairs can tackle most areas without too much hindrance but the ground can be quite uneven in places and is predominantly on grass. If it rains it may get muddy and access around the site (other than on the paths) may be very difficult. The terrain is predominantly short grass with firm soil so movement around the main arena and other stages is possible for fit wheelchair users in good weather. Your personal assistant will need to assist you if it becomes difficult, which is why they receive a free pass to the festival.
The festival recognise that some, particularly those with specific learning difficulties may need to find a space to step away from the crowds and noise. The organisers do their best to provide this but it is difficult in a festival environment but they always aim to do their best.
Camping - Disability Access Campsite
The Disability Access Camping Area is positioned near to the main Lulworth Castle entrance and to the Main Stage. It is a few minutes from here to the main arena on relatively flat ground and is one of the quietest and closest to the arenas. It is the best location we can achieve for all of the needs of people who the festival try to accommodate.
Please note that you should prepare to bring a tent or campervan that will fit in 7m x 5m space as that is very likely to be your allocation. Of course, those who require a little more space will be helped if there is space available.
NB: Your family and friends can camp with you in the Accessibility camping area but your group including the person with a disability, a personal assistant and children can be a maximum of 6 people. Other people with disabilities who are your friends and family should apply separately.
Those in the Accessibility campsite will need to follow signs for Accessibility Camping - this is accessed via the Main Lulworth Castle Gates. Only vehicles with a blue badge (or similar) can park in the disability access camping area if there is available space and if your tent and car fit in the 7m x 5m space. If not, you will be asked to park in the nearby car park. Only one vehicle is allowed in the camping area and this includes motorhomes.
If you are in General Admission Camping, Boutique camping, Campervan Field or camping Plus, they have separate car parks for you to use and there are no special allowances for Blue Badge holders as the car parks are first-come, first-served.
A car park for the day visiting persons with a disability without a blue badge is close by and accessible throughout the weekend. Friends will have to park in the main car park, however. Day parking is also available.
Please note that the festival is in a field where normal home-type levels of facilities are just not possible. The organisers do their absolute best but sometimes vehicles get stuck in traffic, things break or don't work and we'll be doing our best to fix it, and of course look to improve each year with newer available facilities.
* Please note that facilities for those with mobility difficulties such as showers and toilets should NOT be used by your other guests. It's very important that we keep these facilities for those who need them most. Those with disabilities are our priority in this campsite.
- Charging points for electric wheelchairs are available - these are undercover but outdoors so can be affected by damp conditions so chargers are left at users risk
- Certain medical support is available from the on-site medical centre but any specific medical needs should be discussed before purchasing a ticket.
- On-site hospital. We have a hospital on site but it is NOT a residential hospital. No-one should be left in our on-site hospital overnight, or be left unattended by a personal assistant if in this environment.
- Accessible lavatories will be positioned at various places around the festival and we aim to protect them from public use. Please check out where they are on site so you know where to go when you need to go.
- In the Accessibility campsite, showers and toilets are provided
- Stewards will be on hand to help with any issues that may arise during the weekend
- We do not supply motability buggies or any other form of onsite transport so you will need to bring your own if it is needed
- We do not supply medical equipment or essential medical supplies so you will need to bring these yourself or arrange delivery to Lulworth castle.
- At the time of writing, we do not have viewing platforms at Camp Bestival as there are elevated positions for viewing
If you have any pressing questions that are not answered here above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To see this year's full lineup, please use the link below