From the first wave to the last beat, Boardmasters brings like-minded souls together for a unique festival experience...
Boardmasters is situated across two iconic locations. The festival site sits above the rugged cliffs of Watergate Bay, home to arguably the world's best festival view. There are no less than twelve carefully curated stages, with an assortment of acts ranging from local acoustic talent, to mind-bending visual performers via world class headliners.
Explore the festival and you will discover a world of adventure... choose to slow down the pace in the Wellbeing area at Zennor Haven, relax within the wood-fired eco-spa, immerse yourself in talks and workshops, feast inside the Wild Oyster restaurant, and wind your way around the array of fabulous food stalls on offer.
Sustainability and an awareness of the impact on the local environment and community has been part of the ethos for Boardmasters throughout its time - so whilst roaming, keep an eye out for the Boardmasters Green Team who will be on hand to offer handy tips on how to keep the site green and clean.
In Newquay town itself you will find the legendary surf mecca, Fistral Beach. Surf, skate, BMX, live music, the Surf Village and much more can be found here at the home of UK surfing. The pro surf competitions have been at the heart of the festival for over two decades, and the festival is thrilled to welcome back the international surf league events this year. From sun up to sun down, keep the party going by diving in to the TR7 takeovers, Beach Sessions and so much more.
The Chemical Brothers
Fat Freddy's Drop
Boardmasters festival information & FAQs
When is Boardmasters 2021?
Boardmasters returns to Newquay on Wednesday 11th - Sunday 15th August 2021
Where is Boardmasters?
Boardmaster takes place at Watergate Bay Site, Cornwall, TR8 4AN
How do I get to Boardmasters?
By car - Car parking is provided for all guests who wish to drive to Boardmasters at Trebelsue Farm, Watergate Bay - however as you can imagine this isn't the greenest option... Please consider car sharing or public transport before coming by car. Cars and motorbikes require a parking pass, purchased separately (except VIP ticket holders). Campervans require a campervan campsite pass, purchased separately. Parking around Fistral Beach and town is very limited so we advise you to use the Shuttle bus from Watergate Bay. When arriving by car, look out for road signage to the green or blue carpark.
Wherever possible the event aims to reduce any impact that may occur to local resident and the surrounding environment. Traffic in the surrounding area of Watergate and Newquay is a real issue and Boardmasters always works closely with local residents and authorities to tackle this. Where possible you are encouraged to use the busses that run from the Festival site at Watergate to Newquay as opposed to using their cars. If you leave the carpark during the festival there will be a £20 cash re-entry fee (they cannot accept card payments at the entrance).
• Requires purchase of separate pass
• There are quite specific rules on what type of vehicles are allowed in the campervan field, please check these before booking
• Weekend Parking £18 // Day Parking £10
• £20 fee for re-entry (or shuttle bus service available)
• Weekend Parking Location - Green Car Park, Trebelsue Farm, Newquay, TR8 4HR (Google Maps)
• Day Parking Location- Blue Car Park, Trebelsue Farm, Newquay, TR8 4AN (Google Maps)
CARS & TAXI DROP OFF POINTS
• Day Ticket Holders Drop Off - Blue Car Park - Cornwall, TR8 4AN (Google Maps)
• Weekend Campers Drop Off - Blue Car Park - Cornwall, ?TR8 4AN
• VIP Weekend Campers Drop Off - Blue Car Park - Cornwall, ?TR8 4AN
• From the North follow the A39 to St Columb Major then A3059 towards Newquay and follow the signs for green/blue parking
• From the East or West follow A30 – A39 – A3059 and follow the signs for green parking
• To find your way to Fistral Beach follow signs to Newquay Town Centre. Please be aware that parking is extremely limited around the Fistral Beach site. It is advisable to use the shuttle bus from Watergate Bay
By train - The closest train station is NEWQUAY - a ten minute drive to the main arena.
• Great Western Rail are running 13 additional trains to/from Newquay during Boardmasters.
• Customers must have a seat reservation to travel by train.
• They should allow extra time and arrive at the station 30 minutes before their train departs.
• A shuttle bus service runs from just outside the station – if heading to Watergate Bay board the bus outside the Great Western Hotel, for Fistral outside Burger King.
• Extra bus services will be available to take customers to mainline services towards London.
• Surfboards are not permitted on the new IET trains. Please check luggage requirements before purchasing your train ticket
By coach - Big Green Coach return as the official travel partner for Boardmasters 2021. It’s a long drive home so give yourself a break and let someone else take care of your travel. With 23 pick-up points across the UK and return journeys starting from just £42 there is something for everyone. Plus, you'll be dropped off at the official Coach Park inside the festival gates - no one gets you closer!
How much are Boardmasters tickets?
Boardmasters 2021 is sold out!
Are pre-payment plan tickets available?
No, payment plan tickets are not currently available for Boardmasters 2021 as the festival is sold out.
What happens If I bought a ticket and cannot attend?
Unfortunately we can’t issue you with a refund if you can’t make the event due to work commitments or your mates have dropped out. In these circumstances, we advise passing on your tickets privately to avoid losing out on the money spent.
Refunds can only be offered if the event is cancelled or postponed, as agreed upon purchase.
Does Boardmasters have onsite camping?
Yes, Boardmasters has on-site camping and you will be assigned your camping area when purchasing your tickets.
Does Boardmasters have any age restrictions?
All ages are welcome to the festival but the following age restrictions apply:
Persons aged 15 and under must be accompanied by an adult aged 21 years and above. Each adult can accompany a maximum of two children.
Can I bring my own food and drink into Boardmasters?
Yes, you can take food to the festival.
The following restrictions apply to alcohol:
• No glass allowed
• Alcohol brought to the festival must comply with the event regulations which are: Weekend campers aged 18 and over can bring in limited amounts and types of alcohol. You may be asked of proof of age.
• Quantity per person: 24 cans beer/lager/cider/pre-mixed-spirit-cans OR 3 litres of wine
• No straight spirits allowed
• All drinks must be unopened and NO GLASS
• Alcohol is on sale at the event but you must be 18 or over to purchase. Bring ID, you will be asked each time you buy a drink. It is illegal to buy alcohol for another person who is under 18. Challenge 25 is in place at all bars. Accepted forms of ID are passport, driver’s license or anything with a PASS logo.
• Alcohol will only be permitted on first entry to the festival campsite. You will not be able to exit & re-enter with more alcohol.
• Alcohol cannot be brought into the festival arena. It will however be on sale inside the arena.
• Day ticket holders are not allowed to bring in any alcoholic drinks.
Travelling to/from the festival
Address: Watergate Bay Site Trebelsue Farm, Watergate Bay, Cornwall TR8 4AN United Kingdom
Map of Hotels near festival site
Click the map to open a fully interactive map of all nearby hotels. Please check location and dates before booking.
The history of Boardmasters festival
Boardmasters began life way back in 1981, and has over the years become one of the most well known, and respected surfing events in the country. Featuring an eclectic mixture of music, dance, and sporting events, combined with a surfer’s philosophy, Boardmasters remains one of the most original and enjoyable festivals on the calendar.
Explore similar festivals to Boardmasters festival
Find similar festivals by exploring the categories and classifications below: