This event has already happened!
This event occurred in October 2018. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
Yoga Courses for Beginners in Samatva Yogalaya Rishikesh India on Monday 8th - Sunday 21st October 2018
Beginners yoga courses at Samatva Yogalaya is your first step into the world of yoga. It could be a step that could inspire you to turn towards a more serious study of yoga. There is no doubt that yoga can transform your life as it opens up your mind to new dimensions and positively alters your view of life’s journey.
If you understand even a little bit of yoga you will know that yoga is not just a physical exercise as it lays emphasis on breathing which other forms of exercise do not. Healing benefits accrue when we control breathing while getting in and out of postures and when postures are held. Yoga movements and postures are so scientific that they help to release accumulated toxins in the body. Once you have mastered yoga postures your body will become so flexible that it will seem to be almost liquid. This flexibility, when achieved through constant practice, makes you feel much younger and stronger.
Dates for Yoga Courses for Beginners in Rishikesh
- 24 Sep 2018 to 07 Oct 2018
- 08 Oct 2018 to 21 Oct 2018
- 22 Oct 2018 to 04 Nov 2018
- 05 Nov 2018 to 18 Nov 2018
- 19 Nov 2018 to 02 Dec 2018
- 03 Dec 2018 to 16 Dec 2018
- 17 Dec 2018 to 30 Dec 2018
Course Fee: $ 350 USD Per week
Yoga Courses for beginners in India - Overview
- Yoga Courses for Beginners in India, also known as yoga capital of the world.
- Yoga Courses for Beginners in India specially designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced level yoga students.
- An intensive Yoga Course for Beginners, with a focus on body alignment and adjustments, taught by yoga teachers who are firmly rooted in tradition yet contemporary in their vision & communication.
- Inexpensive yoga teacher training in India - US$ 1400~1700 including food & accommodation (private room with attached bath).
- A residential facility on the banks of holy river Ganga yet not far from the city.
- Loving and caring support team.
- Opportunity to experience Indian culture and tradition
Yoga Courses for beginners in India - Daily Schedule
- 07:00 a.m. :: Wake Up
- 07:30 a.m. to 08:30 a.m. :: Yogic Purification (Mon, Thur)
- 07:30 a.m. to 08:30 a.m. :: Pranayama (Tue, Wed, Fri, Sat)
- 08:30 a.m. :: Herbal Tea or Juices
- 09:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. :: Ashthanga Yoga Classes (Beginners and Intermediate)
- 10:45 a.m. :: Breakfast
- 12:30 p.m. to 01:30 p.m. :: Yoga Philosophy
- 02:00 p.m. :: Lunch
- 04:30 p.m. to 06:00 p.m. :: Hatha Yoga Classes (Beginners and Intermediate)
- 06:30 p.m. to 07:30 p.m. :: Meditation
- 08:00 p.m. :: Dinner with Group Discussion (Bonfire)
- 09:30 p.m. :: Lights Out
Duration of daily yoga classes can be increased if required.
A daily schedule is subject to change depending on weather conditions.
- Mantra chanting with Ethics of the day
- Practice and Techniques of Shat karma (Cleansing techniques)
- Practice and techniques of Asana (Physical postures)
- Practice and techniques of Pranayama (Breathing practices)
- Practice of Dhyan (Meditation)
Important Notes: Yoga Courses for beginners in India
- Non-refundable booking amount is USD 70 and USD 140 respectively for one and two-week yoga retreats. The remaining fee needs to be paid upon arrival.
- We have merged yoga courses for beginners and yoga retreats into one program.
- One can join this retreat either for one week or two weeks. For longer duration, please send us a mail prior to submitting your application.
- Couples can avail 10% discount by sharing a room.
Inclusions: Yoga Courses for beginners in India
- Yoga classes (Mon ~ Sat).
- Private room with attached bath and free wireless internet connectivity.
- Three meals per day.
- 1 session of Ayurveda massage per week.
- Information, guidance and escort services for local sightseeing.
- River rafting (depending on availability).
- Mini Trekking in the Himalayas.
- Delhi Airport to Rishikesh by car - US$ 70
- Delhi airport to Rishikesh and Rishikesh to Delhi airport by car - US$ 130
Code of Conduct
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
- Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
- A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
- The school does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
- Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
- Before departure from the school, students must pay all dues and return all library books.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies, the management at its discretion permits students to go for any other scheduled course until Jan 2019. We, therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.
The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies, the management at its discretion permits participants to go for any other scheduled course/retreat within the period of one year. We, therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to our yoga programs.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.