Samatva Yogalaya - 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh on Tuesday 23rd October - Tuesday 6th November 2018
Samatva Yogalaya - 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh
- October 22, 2018 to November 17, 2018
- Course Fee: $ 1600 USD
Samatva Yogalaya’s 200 hour yoga teacher training course YTTC or TTC lays a good foundation in hatha and ashtanga yoga. It is also your first step towards becoming an effective and certified yoga teacher. Besides making you adept as a yoga teacher the course also will lead you towards personal transformation. On successful completion of the course, you will be able to register as a trained yoga teacher with Yoga Alliance - RYT 200. Harmony, Health, and Happiness are three aspects that can change your life into a positive whole and here at Samatva Yogalaya, we teach you how you can incorporate these into your life to make it more fulfilling.
Maharishi Patanjali, the great expounder of yoga, has divided the human body into five parts:
- The Physical body
- The Vital body (Pranamayakos)
- The Mental body ( Manomayakos)
- The Consciousness body (Vigyanmayakos)
- The Spiritual body (Anandmayakos)
At Samatva Yoogalaya, we teach you to practice yoga on two levels, that is, the Physical body and the Vital body. The simple equation we work on is not difficult to understand. Physical body + Vital body = Mental body which means that when we work on the Physical body and the Vital body together then we automatically begin the process that brings healing to the Mental body.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training India- HIGHLIGHTS
- Internationally certified yoga teacher training in India registered with Yoga Alliance, USA.
- Yoga teacher training in Rishikesh, also known as yoga capital of the world.
- Yoga teacher training course specially designed for beginners, intermediate and advanced level yoga students.
- An intensive yoga teacher training course taught by yoga teachers who are firmly rooted in tradition yet contemporary in their vision & communication.
- Inexpensive yoga teacher training in India - US$ 1600 including food & accommodation (private room with attached bath).
- Residential facility amidst ashram surroundings yet not far from the city.
- Loving and caring support team.
- Opportunity to experience Indian culture and tradition.
200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training India - Daily Schedule
- 05:30 am - Wake Up
- 06:00 am - Herbal Tea
- 06:15 am - Shatkarma/Yogic cleansing
- 06:30 am - Pranayama and Chanting
- 07:30 am - Yoga Therapy | Yoga Asana
- 09:00 am - Breakfast
- 10:30 am - Yoga Therapy
- 11:30 am - Yoga Philosophy
- 12:30 pm - Lunch
- 03:30 pm - Yoga Anatomy
- 04:30 pm - Yoga Breathing | Yoga Nidra
- 05:00 pm - Hatha/Ashtanga Yoga Asana
- 06:45 pm - Pranayama | Meditation
- 07:15 pm - Dinner
- 10:45 pm - Lights Out
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus
- Introduction of Yoga, its meaning, and definitions from various authentic scriptures(Aagama). Gradual development in yoga
- Difference between exercise and yoga
- Brief introduction of yoga and Sankhya philosophy
- Ashtanga yoga- mainly Yama, niyama, asana, and pranayama
- Human anatomy and physiology in respect to various yogic practices
- Teaching methodology – ethics, qualities and characteristics of yoga teacher
- How to learn yoga instead of how to teach
- Class management
- Loosening practices
- Focus on the foundation of asana (standing and sitting asana)
- Introduction and practice of breathing exercise (Pranayama)
- Guided meditation
- Focus on proper alignment of asana (standing and sitting)
- Intensifying pranayama practices
- Emphasis on personal practice
- Alignment and modifications in various asana
- Teaching aspect.
- Group teaching
- Intensifying personal practice
- Samatva Yogalaya adopts the ancient approach to yoga to inculcate in each student the wisdom that yoga manifests. Teaching and learning are therefore designed in such a way that ethical practices are ingrained automatically in the students at the Yogalaya.
- The day begins with the daily regimen (Dincharya) and ancient code of conduct. Activities are planned according to the seasonal code of conduct (Ritucharya). The concept of behavior chemistry (Achar- rasayan) is the concept that students are expected to imbibe.
- Maharishi Patanjali prescribed certain rules of how a person is expected to act in society (Yama) and how personal code and conduct (Niyama) is the expected and essential behavior for individuals to follow. We at the Samatva Yogalaya expect this behavior terminology to be understood and practiced sincerely and honestly by all students to the best extent possible.
- Before students register for the yoga teacher training they must be aware that this traditional teaching will differ from that of the west. There could even be a fundamental difference in the understanding of the yogic path as that which is taught in the yoga schools in the west.
- Modified exercises that go by the name of yoga are frowned upon by Samatva Yogalaya and so only those students must apply for the course who are willing to commit to the strict regimen of the school.
Code of Conduct
- Discipline is an integral part of the training program and so the course routine must be strictly observed.
- Disrespect to rules and regulations could result in termination of studentship with no refund of fee.
- Absenting oneself from the scheduled program without prior permission of the teacher or manager concerned would be construed as a gross breach of discipline.
- A student must intimate in advance if they intend to forgo a meal so that there is no wastage of food.
- The school does not make arrangements for guests of students. Any activity that is not related to the course is not permitted.
- Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced.
- Before departure from the school, students must pay all dues and return all library books.
- Smoking and alcohol are not permitted during the training.
All aspirants are advised to carefully consider the time and resources required for the course before forwarding the application for the teacher training course. The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable exigencies management of Samatva Yogalaya at its discretion permits students to go for any other forthcoming course. We, therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to the teacher training program.
Evaluation & Certification
- Assessments will be based on written as well as practical evaluation.
- Student conduct will be a part of the assessment criterion.
- Evaluation will be carried out only for those students who have a minimum of 90% attendance.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.