Spirituality cannot be related to religion, it's just to adopt simplicity outlook on life, which leads you to get benefits especially for body, mind (conscious and subconscious) and also helps to search inner peace.
The calmness and peace of nature help people to get relaxation. A definite type of optimistic energy fills in the entire environment, which helps human to loose distraction, and gets the positive aura, which helps, in purifying their mind and soul together.
As we all know, Yoga is practiced in India since from the beginning of its origin or it will be not wrong to say that the birthplace of Yoga is in India. There are some amazing places in India who provides certification courses as well as a Spiritual Yoga retreat with the trekking and hiking to the source of the Ganga, Gomukh.
Our Spiritual Yoga and Meditation Retreats in Himalaya- India are for the seekers who want to experience both yogic lifestyle and spirituality at the same time within the lush green foothills of the magical mountains of our beautiful Mahatma Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh which will be your home for the first week of the yoga retreat where one can practice yoga asana along with meditation and pranayama to prepare yourself for the upcoming deep spiritual experience.
During the second week of the yoga retreat, a special spiritual journey through the Himalayas at the source of Ganges (Gomukh) where one will experience trekking, hiking, camping and meditating with the strong energies of the Himalayan mountains
Retreat Highlights: -
Inclusions in the first week
- Two yoga sessions a day
- Chanting, meditation, Yoga philosophy lectures
- One Ayurvedic massage
- Accommodation will be in Mahatma Yoga Ashram, Rishikesh, where a private bedroom with attached bathroom will be provided.
- Three healthy vegetarian meals daily
Note**: You can arrive on Sunday and settle down in our ashram, your accommodation and meals will be complimentary
Inclusion in the second week
- Our own private transport.
- 4 nights of Accommodation (We are staying in guesthouses, the accommodation is clean, simple, with basic facilities).
- On the hiking, we'll spend two nights in the Bhojwassa Ashram. (Pilgrimage style accommodation). It is also possible that we spend two nights in the tent so one can have experience of camping also.
- 16 meals (Snacks and small meals included during trek).
- Yoga lesson and meditation in nature with spiritual and cultural experience.
- All permits and government taxes.
- The maximum participants in the group are 15
Yoga Retreat Program
- The retreat will be a joint collaboration of yoga, meditation, mental relaxation, beautiful sightseeing, Ancient cultural experiences, spirituality and some dynamic activities out in nature with the ultimate experience of incredible India.
The First Week of Retreat – Yoga Retreat in Rishikesh at Mahatma Yoga Ashram
During the first week of Spiritual Yoga Retreat, you'll stay at Mahatma Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh, the home of the yoga retreat, guaranteed to infuse you with a calming, restorative energy every day. You will have your own private room and bathroom, you will be fed good, healthy and balanced schedule fresh Ayurvedic meals every day and you will gain inner peace.
06:00 A.M. to 06:30 A.M.
07:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M.
Yogic Purification and breathing Body Movement (Mon, Thu, Sat)
07:00 A.M. to 07:30 A.M.
Pranayama (Breathing Exercise on Tue, Wed, Fri)
Herbal Tea or Juices
08:00 A.M. to 9:30 A.M.
Hatha Yoga Classes (Beginners and Intermediate)
04:30 P.M. to 06:00 P.M.
Hatha Yoga Classes (Beginners and Intermediate)
06:30 P.M.to 07:30 P.M.
Dinner with Group Discussion (Bonfire)
The Second Week of Retreat- Journey to the Source of The Ganges from Mahatma Yoga Ashram
Starting in Rishikesh, we will begin our epic Gomukh trek on the beachfront of our Mahatma Yoga Ashram. Mother Ganges is rushing past your feet, but in 6 days, you will be standing before her true Source.
Day 1: Rishikesh- Gangnani Hot Springs- Dharali: 249 KM(Drive)
- Depart from Mahatma Yoga Ashram and begin venturing up to Gangnani Hot Springs in our own private transport. Make sure you have your warm clothes packed!
- The afternoon we will reach our magical destination, Gangnani Hot Springs to energize your soul. Relax your toes, or your whole body into these steaming hot purifying waters before your yogic hike starts! With separate facilities for men and women, let yourself slowly sink in, and relax.
- After Gangani holy bath at hot spring water, we will move ahead even higher into the Himalayas but with a much shorter drive to Dharali just 33 kilometers.
Day 2: Dharali- Trek to Seven lakes:: Visit Tibetan village:: Cultural exchange
- On the second day, stay will be at Dharali, a beautiful, small village, at 2680 meters, enriched with the blessings of saints and sages who gives lifelong hours in meditation, prayer and dhyaan before reach to Samadhi and it is believed that sage Bhagirath worship god here to bring Mother Ganges down from heaven.
- After morning yoga asana session and breakfast, a trek to mythological Saat Taals or Seven Lakes on top of mountains where we will do our yoga practice and enjoy the beauty around us.
- After this blissful experience of yoga and meditation, we will come back for lunch break and will explore the place with a night stay at Dharali
Day 3: Dharali to Gangotri: 19 KM
- From Dharali, after morning yoga asana and breakfast we will make our way 19km further to Gangotri.
- Time to explore Gangotri, visit the ashrams, meditate along the river, followed by lunch and then track to Pandav Gufa about 6 to 7 Km both way.
- The evening we will attend most beautiful Ganga Aarti Ceremony at Gangotri temple which is one of the Chardham of Uttarakhand.
Day 4: Gangotri to Bhojwassa: Trekking 14 KM
- 14 kilometers trekking across 6 hours from 3048 meters reach the checkpoint of Gangotri National Park.
- On the way, we will have the stop at Chirbasa (3600mt) for lunch and will continue to track until we reach Bhojwassa.
Day 5: Bhojwassa-Gomukh-Gangotri: Trekking 24 KM Two way
- Hot chai with hearty Indian breakfast. It is time for us to finally meet the Source of the Ganges.
- 4 days of adventurous fascinate trekking in India and finally...here we are at Gomukh.
- We take time to enjoy this special moment by performing a puja– a ceremony to worship the Goddess Ganga and meditating right next to her magical life-giving source.
- After the meditation, we will walk back to Gangotri, which will be easier to trek as it will be downward as compared to first half of the trek where we will spend one more night.
- Now time to reflect on everything you have gained in the last 5 days and to memories your heart loving experience which you made today with Mother Ganga.
Day 6: Gangotri to Uttarkashi or Lamgaon (Drive)
- We will drive back from Gangotri to either Uttarkashi which is 100 KM or will move forward another 54 KM to Lamgaon village in a private taxi.
- After a day of relaxation, we will visit this ancient temple in evening followed by dinner and rest at hotel/guesthouse.
- In case we opt for moving ahead to Lambgaon village, we will retrieve the cultural exchange with the local villagers and a beautiful opportunity to see the real Indian village life and visit Sem Mukhem Temple nearby!
- Night stay in this beautiful village.
Day 7 Uttarkashi / Lambgaon to Rishikesh (Drive)
- On the way will have lunch and snacks.
- After reaching Mahatma Yoga ashram - Rishikesh one can opt to check out for their destination on the same day or stay at our ashram accommodation and can have early morning check out next day.
YOGENDRA SINGH NEGI (YOGI JI)
Born in a spiritual family environment from North Indian Himalaya and had the emotional touch for the path of yoga and meditation in early childhood.
Yogendra Singh Negi had a greater impact of nature and natural vibrations, educated and guided by yogis and scholars from the age of 12.
He acquired Masters in Commerce, Diploma in Software Engineering and Diploma in Yogic Science and Naturopathy before doing a doctorate in Naturopathy. A renown scholar of Hatha, Astanga and Kriya yoga and teaches both philosophical and theoretical part of this yogic science field. Besides being a yoga and meditation teacher, he is the Reiki master of Mahatma Yoga Ashram. Students know him as Yogi Ji and highly appreciate his inspiring senses of humor.
- The retreat will take place deep within the lush green foothills of the magical mountains where our beautiful Mahatma Yoga Ashram in Rishikesh situated.
- The second week of the yoga retreat, a special spiritual journey through the Himalayas at the source of Ganges (Gomukh) while trekking, hiking, camping and meditating with the strong energies of the Himalayan mountains.
- Mountain walking
- Sacred Ganga Aarti
You will be fed good, healthy and balanced schedule fresh Ayurvedic meals every day. Fruits will be provided wherever available.
Code of - Conduct
- Course discipline routine and timing for class (Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced) must be strictly observed.
- Disobey of rules and regulations could result in termination with no refund of fee.
- Absentee must inform staff in advance if they intend to be absent for class or for a meal without prior permission of the teacher or must inform staff in advance so that there is no wastage of food or else it would be considered a serious breach of discipline and should
- Mahatma Yoga does not make arrangements for guests of students.
- Smoking and drinking are not permitted during the retreat and spiritual journey.
- Be mindful of local customs and traditions and wear modest clothing.
The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable circumstances, the management at its discretion permits participants to go for any other scheduled course/retreat within a one-year period. We, therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to our offered programs.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.