We serve to provide our students with an understanding of traditional Hatha & Ashtanga practice while sharing teachings of theory and yoga philosophy from basic to advance levels.
Our 300-hour yoga teacher training courses are designed to keep in mind that our students deserve to be offered maximum erudition in the limited time that they spend with us. The environment at Anadi Yoga Centre is made conducive to focusing on one’s practice and saadhna while developing a deeper understanding of yoga.
This 300-hour yoga teacher training curriculum extensively covers advanced meditation and asana practices which demand discipline and devotion to learning. This course is a stepping stone towards establishing a dedicated yogic lifestyle while enabling students to create a strong foundation for understanding their own unique attributes as teachers.
RETREAT HIGHLIGHTS: -
- Certification: RYT 500 (Yoga Alliance)
- Instruction Language: English
- Course Type: Residential and Intensive
- Course Material
- 3 Organic Vegetarian Meals
- Private Room with Attached Bath
- Free WIFI: 24x7
- Local Sightseeing / Excursions on Sundays
THE FOLLOWING MEALS ARE INCLUDED:
Yoga Style: Hatha & Ashtanga
Daily Schedule - 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- 05:30 am- Wake Up
- 06:00 am - 6:15 am Herbal Tea
- 06:15 am- 6:45 am Nasal Cleansing
- 06:45 am - 08:45 am Asana, Pranayama
- 9:00 am - 10:00 am Breakfast
- 10:00 am - 11:00 am Philosophy
- 11:10 am - 12:10 pm Mantra Chanting
- 12:15 pm - 01:15 pm Anatomy
- 01:30 pm - 02:30 pm Lunch
- 03:00 pm - 4:00 pm Adjustment & Alignment (Start from the 2nd week)
- 04:45 pm - 6:15 pm Asana Practice
- 06:30 pm - 7:15 pm Meditation, Yoga Nidra
- 07:30 pm - 8:30 pm Dinner
- 09:30 pm Lights Off
300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Syllabus
- Yoga philosophy and History of yoga
- Patanjali’s Sutras, eight limbs of yoga, Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and Bhagavad Gita.
- Revision of Pancha kosha (five covering or sheaths over consciousness)
- Ethics for yoga teachers, such as maintaining professional teacher-student relationships, as well as the community.
- Absolute or Pure consciousness – what it means as per yogic texts
- What are existential bondage and Spiritual liberation?
- Introduction to Sat-Chit-Ananda.
- Different dimensions of root Ignorance. How they work.
- Non-Designatory and Designatory Deception of Mind.
- The Sakshi-Witness-Seer
- Introduction to Veda and Vedanta.
- The Ishwara (God – Universal Consciousness) and Jiva (Limited Consciousness)
- The collective presentation of Three Bodies, Three Consciousness states, Five Sheaths and the Soul
- Principles of Samkhya Philosophy
- Kapil Rishi – About the founder of Samkhya
- Purusha and Prakriti in Samkhya
- Different practices in Samkhya
- Difference between Vedanta and Samkhya
- Concepts of Kundalini & Iyengar yoga
- Introduction to Ayurveda
- Core 24 elements of Samkhya
Hatha & Ashtanga Asana Practice
- This course will include refining of the asanas learned in 200-hour yoga teacher training. Advance mudras, Intensive pranayama, vital energy, Hatha yoga Surya Namaskar, Sun Salutation A & B, important postures of Hatha yoga (standing, sitting, forward bending, backward bending, spinal twisting, balancing and relaxation asanas
- Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
- Breath (ujjayi) and application of bandhas during the practice
- Advance mudras
- Psychosomatic benefits of meditation
- Soham, chakra, mantra japa, sweeping breath, spinal breathing and Sushumna meditation.
- Advance Yoga Nidra/meditation training: voice tone, body scanning, and benefits
- Mantra chanting guided practice (Om chanting, guru mantras, meal prayers, Gayatri mantra etc)
Anatomy & Physiology
- Body systems and how they apply to principles of yoga
- Key anatomical positional terms, anatomical planes, primary and secondary movements
- Types of bones (long, short, flat, irregular and sesamoid), they will understand
- Nadis, Introduction to Chakras
- Yogic anatomy of the spinal cord
- Chakras, Nadis
- Preparing for a class with a focus on time management
- Timing and sequencing
- How to structure classes keeping in mind comfort and expectations of different group dynamics
- Advance Yoga Nidra/meditation training: voice tone, body scanning, and benefits: Students will be guided on how to train their voice to create a relaxed, soft, calm and audible voice for yoga nidra and meditation. Students will learn how to observe, scan and adjust the body of students so that they can continue relaxation and meditation without interruptions.
- How to modify the posture according to the capacity, flexibility, age, gender and the physical fitness of the individuals.
- Understanding any special needs/physical limitations/ constraints students may have and usage of props and modifications according to them.
- Students will learn the benefits of relaxation and meditation on the physical and mental body. Knowledge of proper alignment, adjustment, and safe modifications
- Use of effective vocabulary/cues, establishing priorities and boundaries, Sanskrit terminology and voice modulation will be taught.
- How to introduce chanting, meditation, and pranayama to the class
- Further and deeper discussion of business aspects of teaching yoga, including marketing and legal
- How to teach the Shat kriyas and the contraindications applicable to these cleansing techniques
- The practice of Yog Nidra and how to lead yoga Nidra classes for total relaxation of the participants
- The practice of Yog Nidra and how to lead yoga Nidra classes for total relaxation of the participants
- Each student will teach pranayama, meditation, mantra chanting and asana class (under the supervision of E-RYT) as lead instructor and receive feedback from RYS teachers and students (5 contact hours)
- Students will be requested to maintain a journal and will be asked to share their learnings and experienced progression at the end of each week.
- Students will also be required to submit an assignment to test their understanding of philosophy and anatomy principles. These assignments will be based on the subjects covered during lectures.
Anadi Yoga School - Teachers
Shree Nalin (Philosophy and Meditation)
Nalin Sharma was born into a traditional Brahmin family and grew up in a very spiritual environment. After completing his postgraduate degree in Electronics and Computers, he worked as a design engineer in elite organizations in the USA, such as Microsoft. He took early retirement from his professional life and settled in Rishikesh, India. Here in Rishikesh, he has studied all of the Indian spiritual scriptures related to Vedanta, Tantra, and Yoga under the guidance of several great Gurus.
Swami Maheshananda Ji (Spiritual Guide and Astrologer)
Swami Maheshananda Ji is a sadhu living in Rishikesh. He had a great attraction towards spiritual awareness since his childhood. His parents have traditional Indian spiritual tendencies so he grew up in a very traditional Indian spiritual environment. He further studied Civil and Architectural engineering. His mother always encouraged him for the practice of spirituality. At the very young age, he renounced the world and came to Rishikesh for spiritual learning and guidance. Here he met several great spiritual personalities and got blessed to have their guidance. He then studied great scriptures of Vedanta, Gita, and other spiritual scriptures.
Narendra Gusain (E-RYT 500 Asana, Methodology, Pranayama & Mantras)
Narendra, co-founder of Anadi Yoga Centre, is a 500 hours E-RYT with Yoga Alliance, was born and raised in Rishikesh. Narendra knew his destiny in life was to devote himself to the practice of Yoga, meditation, and spirituality from the young age of sixteen. He has since shared his knowledge in India, Europe, North America and throughout Asia with many people around the world. Narendra attained his Master’s degree in Yoga Science from Sanskrit Vishvidyalaya University in Haridwar, India as well as his Doctorate in Naturopathy/Natural Medicine from the Indian Board of Alternative Medicines.
Gusain Arvind (RYT 500 Asana & Spiritual Mentor)
Arvind Gusain, co-founder of Anadi Yoga Centre, was born in Rishikesh, India. He started practicing yoga at the age of twenty-one. Arvind received a Masters Degree in Yoga Science from Sanskrit Gurukul Vishvidyalaya, in Haridwar, India. He has completed 500 hours of teacher training, studied with various great Indian teachers and attended an intensive Ashtanga Vinyasa course with Mathew Sweeney, a prestigious teacher from Mysore, India.
Ranjot (Meditation, Pranayama & Mantras)
Ranjot began his journey in yoga with Bhakti and Jnana yoga ten years ago. His desire to get a deeper knowledge of yoga took him to Rishikesh, the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’, where he studied Hatha and Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga with various Traditional Yoga Teachers.
Harmindra Singh (ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY)
Harmindra Singh, 500 RYT is our yoga Anatomy & Physiology Teacher. He is a Rishikesh local who has been teaching for two years and practicing yoga for four years. He received 500 hours of yoga teacher training from Rishikesh Vinyasa. Harmindra Singh has always been intrigued by how the body works during asana and pranayama and enjoys sharing his knowledge with others. Harmindra singh has learned yoga and sharing knowledge in the fields of physical therapy, posture imbalance, and sedentary life disorder.
Roopam Pundir (PRANAYAMA)
Roopam Pundir is a young and dynamic yoga teacher who specializes in pranayama. Her passion for yoga began at a young age, and she has spent many years studying under great masters learning all aspects of yoga but specifically focusing on the health and wellness benefits of pranayama and meditation. She is also currently furthering her studies pursuing her master degree in Yoga Science from Uttarakhand Sanskrit University in Haridwar, India. Roopam is a dedicated teacher with ample experience and is loved by all of her students. She pays particular attention to the needs of every student throughout each class and gives an in-depth and clear understanding of different breathing techniques and their benefits.
Code of Conduct For Students
- Course discipline routine and timing for class (Ensure you are on time for class or you will not be permitted to enter any class once it has commenced) must be strictly observed.
- Disobey of rules and regulations could result in termination with no refund of fee.
- Absentee must inform staff in advance if they intend to be absent for class or for a meal without prior permission of the teacher or must inform staff in advance so that there is no wastage of food or else it would be considered a serious breach of discipline and should
- Mahatma Yoga does not make arrangements for guests of students.
- Smoking and drinking are not permitted during the retreat and spiritual journey.
- Be mindful of local customs and traditions and wear modest clothing.
- The fees for these yoga training courses include food, private accommodation with attached bath, course materials and local sightseeing (rafting in the sacred Ganga River and trekking through the foothills of the Himalayas). The booking amount ($200 non-refundable deposit towards course fees) should be paid with an application and remaining course fees can be paid on arrival. Upon successfully completing a course, one can register with Yoga Alliance as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
- The deposit submitted with the application is not refundable. However, in case of emergencies and other unavoidable circumstances, the management at its discretion permits participants to go for any other scheduled course/retreat within a one-year period. We, therefore, recommend that all applicants carefully examine their upcoming obligations so that they may be able to devote their full attention to our offered programs.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.