This event has already happened!
This event occurred in September 2019. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
simon and garfunkel through the years on Sunday 22nd September 2019
Ten Grammy Awards to their name, selling 38 million albums in the US alone, performing a concert to over half a million people in their hometown, inductees to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; the Folk-Rockers from Forest Hills, New York have had one of the most remarkable careers in music history.
If you loved their music throughout sixties and seventies… then we’ve got a show you simply cannot miss. Critically acclaimed to be one of the world’s greatest tribute shows, Simon & Garfunkel Through the Years perfectly relive the spectacular harmonies and wonderful vocals of the folk-duo.
Collectively known as Bookends, Dan Haynes and Pete Richards have been singing together since their days in high school… familiar to how their idols first met too. For years they’ve been performing together, touring across the UK, Europe and the United States – with stops in London’s West End and consecutive sell-out runs at the Edinburgh Fringe.
Don’t miss out on all the legendary classics, such as Mrs. Robinson, The Boxer, The Sound of Silence, Bridge Over Troubled Water, and even hits from Paul Simon’s solo career such as Call Me Al, Kodachrome and 50 Way to Leave Your Lover and so much more!
Simon & Garfunkel Through the Years – a musical masterpiece!
STATS AND FACTS
- The duo first performed under the name ‘Tom and Jerry’, their first single in 1957, “Hey Schoolgirl,” made it to #49 on the Billboard charts… impressive for a duo still in high school!
- In total, 8 of their albums broke into the UK Top 10 charts, including their second album ‘Bookends’, the soundtrack for The Garduate and their live recording of the concert in Central Park!
- No duo in music history has won as many Grammy’s in one night (5) than Simon & Garfunkel, whilst Santana are the only band to have more in one night than the folk-rockers.
- Paul Simon is also one in 7 artists to have won Record, Album and Song of the Year in one night, throughout the history of the Grammy’s. He was the first artist to do this back in 1971.
DON’T JUST TAKE IT FROM US – READ THE REVIEWS
- “One of the greatest tribute shows anywhere in the world” – Stuart Cameron, BBC and ITV Broadcaster
- “A masterpiece” – BBC Radio
- “An uncannily accurate tribute to the music of one of folk rock’s biggest bands.” – The Wee Review
Music Genres: Folk, Rock
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.