This event has already happened!
This event occurred in October 2019. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
faith: the george michael legacy on Thursday 31st October 2019
Faith celebrates the unbelievable legacy of one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time! Randall Butler performs a heroic homage to the extraordinary George Michael. A lifelong fan and charismatic character, Randall has been performing as Michael for 8 years; leaving fans in awe of his remarkable resemblance, to one of the most iconic figures in music history!
This energetic, pulsating, sensational show relives all the classics from George Michael’s outstanding 35-year career.
From hits of the Wham! days such as Club Tropicana, I’m Your Man, The Edge of Heaven and Wake Me up to the greatest solo classics, such as Careless Whisper, Freedom ’90, Don’t Let the Sun Go Down on Me and so much more!
With over 900 5-star reviews and all your favourite Michael anthems, Faith – The George Michael Legacy; is a tribute not to be missed!
STATS AND FACTS
- Michael and Elton John performed “Don’t Let the Sun go down on me” for the first time at Michael's concert in Wembley in 1991. The song was the only #1 scoring single of the modern era to be recorded at an outdoor venue.
- He met Andrew Ridgeley at school when Ridgeley volunteered to tutor him. They formed a short-lived ska band called The Executive and in 1981 they launched Wham!
- Wham! was the first Western popular music act to tour China ever and their experience is documented in the film Foreign Skies: Wham! In China.
- Before Michael became a professional musician, he busked on the London Underground, performing songs such as ''39' by Queen.
DON’T JUST TAKE IT FROM US – READ THE REVIEWS
- “It was a great night out, full of fun and fantastic music. If you’re a fan of George Michael, go and see this show. You won’t be disappointed.” – The Nantwich New
- “For a fan of George Michael’s work, the performance given by Randall and his group was an absolute delight.” – Spa Pavilion
- “It was an impressive, enjoyable and soulful performance. A great night for George fans.” – whatsgoodtodo.co.uk
MORE ABOUT THE ARTIST – RANDALL BUTLER
- What is your favourite performing memory?
Randall: I was working abroad on 6 month contracts performing in some beautiful 5 star hotels in Greece. My family came out to visit me, my dad sings and loves music like I do, he got up and performed ‘Don’t Let The Sun Go Down on Me’ with me for the first time.
- How long have you been a George fan?
I have been a George Michael fan since I was roughly 11 years old. My older brother Michael loved George too, he was always listening to the Faith album when we were growing up and we used to sing along to the songs together.
- What do you like to do in your free time when not performing?
If I’m not working I like to spend time with my dog, she’s a little French bulldog named Cece, she’s a real love! I like to spend time with my family as we’re all really close, socialize with friends and listen to music! I love to dance and cook, dining out and having some wine and I also like to keep fit with long walks and gym classes.
*Please find our full interview with Randall enclosed in the Google Drive link*
Music Genres: Pop
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.