Getting Gallery Ready Masterclass on Thursday 2nd December 2021
Join the VAA’s online ‘Getting Gallery Ready’ masterclass, which is a deep dive into getting ready to be represented by art galleries. All attendees will receive a ‘Getting Gallery Ready Guide’ which include key tips and advice. This is suitable for early career artists looking to find gallery representation. Taking artists through the key steps, from:
- Preparing your artwork portfolio for review
- Presenting yourself (online & offline)
- Approaching the right galleries for you, in the right way
- Legal & financial considerations
All followed by a live Q&A session with our panellists. We are fortunate enough to be joined by professionals with an outstanding wealth of knowledge in this specific topic.
- Karen van Hoey-Smith – Artist Mentor, Art Broker, Gallerist, BBC Art Advisor – VAA Panellist & Host
- Lloyd Flay is an international gallery manager, with Park West Gallery and previously with Whitewall Gallery.
- Rosalind Davies is an Artist, Curator, Royal College of Art (RAC) Graduate, and Author of ‘What They Didn’t Teach you in Art School’.
- Jason Hicklin, Hicklin is Head of Printmaking at City & Guilds of London Art School and has a studio in Shropshire. His artwork is exhibited nationally and internationally, and he holds gallery representation.
This micro-learning masterclass will take place on 02 December via Zoom Webinar at 14.00 GMT. Spaces limited. Free to premium members of the VAA, simply join online. Or alternatively artists can book the event without membership for £39.00. More details at Visual Artists Association www.visual-artists.org
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.