FESTIVE FORESTS & WINTERY WIZARDS: THE QUAYS AT CHRISTMAS on Sunday 1st - Sunday 15th December 2019
Salford Quays: the home of MediaCityUK is gearing up for the festive season, with a range of Christmas treats and experiences for the whole family! With a jam-packed programme of not-to-be missed activities and seasonal offers, find some of the UK’s best events taking place at Greater Manchester’s contemporary waterfront destination.
For all the family:
• Join the Lowry for a heart-warming and hilarious stage production of Dr Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas! The Musical, with performances from Tuesday 10th December 2019 - Sunday 5th January 2020. A must-see musical bursting with holiday cheer.
• The unmissable Lightwaves Festival returns to illuminate Salford Quays from Friday 6th December to Sunday 15th December 2019. The ever-popular annual light festival from Quays Culture is free to attend and sees the transformation of Salford Quays by a collection of interactive light installations.
• Ordsall Hall have a great programme of Christmas events for the whole family throughout December. Meet Father Christmas in his grotto on Sunday 8th and Sunday 15th December, between 1:00 – 4:00pm for £5 per child (booking is essential).
• Step into the festive season with the BBC Philharmonic Orchestra’s annual Christmas Concert in Ordsall Hall’s beautiful Grade 1 listed Great Hall. Listen to an hour-long programme of classical Christmas favourites, followed by mince pies and hot refreshments, for only £5 per person.
• Experience the enchantment of Christmas with Tangled Dance Company at Ordsall Hall as they present Frosted by Magic. Tickets from £10 per adult and £8 per child (plus booking fee), approx. 1-hour production.
Performance dates and times:
- 14th December 2019: 2:30pm, 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- 15th December 2019: 4:30pm, 6:30pm & 8:30pm
- 21st December 2019: 2:30pm, 4:30pm & 6:30pm
- 22nd December 2019: 4:30pm, 6:30pm & 8:30pm
• A Festive Wreath Making Afternoon will be taking place at Ordsall Hall on Sunday 1st December, from 1:30 – 4:00pm, for only £15 per person. Learn how to design and assemble a festive wreath for the front door. Resident Head Gardener Jo Green will be on hand to help, with refreshments also included.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.