This event has already happened!
This event occurred in October 2019. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
a tribute to amy on Monday 21st October 2019
From the expressive, spine-tingling vocals to the beautiful blend of genres, we celebrate the life of one of music’s greatest ever singer-songwriters – Amy Winehouse.
Laura Jane Butler has been singing as Amy for 12 years, giving fans goose-bumps with her heartfelt performances to the voice of a generation. This heroic and respectful homage is the only show in the world to be endorsed by both Janis & Mitch Winehouse.
Laura takes you on a journey like no other, performing all the hits you fell in love with, including Valerie, Rehab, Tears Dry on Their Own, You Know I’m No Good and Back to Black. She also performs Amy’s most memorable covers, including Ella Fitzgerald’s “Someone to Watch Over Me”, Grover Washington’s “Mister Magic” and Sam Cooke’s “Cupid.”
Praised worldwide by many of her loyal fans, this show truly is a celebration of the musical legacy and talent of the incredible Amy Winehouse.
“Laura is the No1 tribute to Amy in the world” – Mitch Winehouse
“The best tribute to my Amy“– Janis Winehouse, who mentions Laura in her book “Loving Amy”
STATS AND FACTS
- Amy’s first job was a celebrity reporter at World Entertainment News Network (WENN), which was set up by her childhood best friend’s father.
- Amy won five Grammy Awards for her 2006 album ‘Back to Black’, which made her the first British female to accomplish this.
- Amy Winehouse has sold over four million albums, and nearly half of the total came after her passing in 2011. Her debut album Frank re-entered the charts after she passed away, peaking at #3 one month after her death. At one point, the posthumous surge actually made Frank highest selling album of the 21st century.
- Back to Black became the highest debut album positioned on the US Billboard’s for a UK female.
MORE ABOUT THE ARTIST – LAURA JANE BUTLER
- How did you get into performing, was there a particular artist you saw that resonated with you?
Laura: Quite a few years ago I was working as a PR in Tenerife, I originally planned to for stay six months. I was asked to compare cabaret shows, so after that, I became a solo artist and worked in various shows and bands as a singer entertainer and multi tribute artist. I ended up staying for 5 years.Bette Midler was always my idol.
- What’s been a funny moment for you all on stage? Any mishaps you want to share?
The funniest moment has got to be whilst I was performing on a cruise ship in a storm on the Bay of Biscay whilst people sat in their chairs whizzing past the stage as the ship listed.The awesome band didn’t drop a note!
- How long have you been singing as Amy Winehouse?
I have been singing as Amy Winehouse for 12 years now
*Please find our full interview with Laura enclosed in the Google Drive link*
Music Genres: Blues, Jazz, Soul
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.