Clubs Conference on Monday 29th October 2018
The Preston Sports Forum, in partnership with Preston Sport and Health Team and the University of Central Lancashire, are hosting a good practice conference for sports clubs/organisations across Lancashire.
The conference will be an ideal opportunity to network with other clubs and gain a greater understanding of the following areas;
- Sport England Small Grants - How to write a successful application - Beth Kay (Active Lancashire)
- Big Lottery Fund - Tips for writing a successful application - Aurora Trujillo (Big Lottery Lancashire funding officer)
- A successful Sport England live project - Zaffer Khan (One Voice Blackburn)
- Attracting, retaining and supporting volunteers in your club - Dr Ridwanah Gurjee FHEA (UCLan Centre for Volunteering and Community Leadership)
- Satellite Clubs (the benefits for your club) - Ronan McMahon (Active Lancashire)
- Mental Health - Sam Tyrer (Change Talks)
- Data Analysis (where to find the data) - Speaker TBC
- Using data to strengthen your funding application. Speaker TBC
- The importance of Safeguarding in a club environment - Jimmy Khan (GLL Safeguarding Lead for Preston and South Lakes)
The format for the event will be a series of short presentations with a question and answer opportunity. After the presentations there will be a market place where you will be able to chat to the speakers directly.
There will also be a fact sheet with helpful hints provided by Active Lancashire in relation to General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
The conference will be located at Greenbank Building, University of Central Lancashire with presentations taking place in the Greenbank Lecture theatre.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.