Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol on Sunday 18th December 2022
Following the sell-out success of Samlesbury Hall’s ‘A Ghost Story for Christmas’ promenade theatre production in 2021, the hall presents ‘Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol’ for 2022…
Lancashire’s most haunted hall will once again become the backdrop for A Ghost Story for Christmas when a new spine-tingling seasonal adaptation of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol opens at Samlesbury Hall, near Preston, on selected nights in December 2022.
Lauren Machin, Deputy Director of Samlesbury Hall said “after the success of our first A Ghost Story for Christmas production in 2021, we are excited to present this Christmas classic in a brand-new way, inviting the audience to step into the story, as the theatre unfolds around them. It is particularly apt that we are presenting Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, as the famous writer is said to have once stayed at the hall!”
The 40-minute production is designed for families and lovers of ghost stories and is now an annual offering at the Hall. The audience will travel back in time as the ghostly Christmas tale comes vividly to life in four dimensions and will be guided through the rooms of the hall as they watch each scene in the story unfold.
Jason Karl, from AtmosFEAR! Scare Entertainment, who are producing the play said “this classic story lends itself to the historical setting of Samlesbury Hall, and we are looking forward to bringing each of the ghosts to life using Victorian theatrical techniques to create an uplifting and suitably seasonal chill…”.
Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carolcombines live actors and theatrical storytelling to present a promenade theatre play which invites the audience to ‘step into the story’. Performances last approximately 40 minutes and begin at 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm and 10pm on various nights in December 2022. Tickets are £20 (+ booking fee) per person and must be booked in advance at www.samlesburyhall.co.uk
CHARLES DICKENS’ A CHRISTMAS CAROL 2022
Terms and Conditions of Admission
- The audience enter the experience in groups of 20. We may alter the group size without notice.
- The experience is a ‘promenade theatre’ style show, which means the audience are guided from scene to scene by a performer, and remain standing throughout the performance.
- The performance lasts approximately 35-40 minutes, including the time for the audience to move from scene to scene.
- The experience is a festive ghost play and is designed for families. It may not be suitable for young children who may get scared.
- Once you enter the experience there are no toilets, please use the facilities before you enter the experience.
- Photography or recording of any kind is strictly forbidden.
- No bags or anything which disguises the face are allowed inside the experience.
- If you lose anything during your visit, we will not be able to conduct a search for it until the following day. Anything bought into the experience is at your own risk and we will not be held liable for any loss.
- Your ticket is only valid for the time slot you have booked, it is not transferable, changeable, or refundable once purchased.
- You must arrive at least 15 minutes before your allotted time of entry, please do not arrive more than 30 minutes before your entry time.
- We are carrying out filming and photography inside the experience for the purpose of security, monitoring quality and marketing. These recordings may feature audience images or voices. By entering the experience, you irrevocably waive all rights in these recordings and agree that we may use them in perpetuity and without limitation in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever without payment, notification, or credit to you. You further agree that all copyright within these recordings lies solely with the organisers.
- Images and photography used in the promotion of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol are not contractual. Exact sets and characters may differ from those featured in marketing material.
- By buying a ticket to the experience you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions of Admission, and entry is at your own risk.
- We reserve the right to remove you from the venue if you do not follow our Terms and Conditions of Admission, without refund.
The experience includes:
- Low lighting levels.
- Uneven floors.
- Steps up and down.
- Strobe lighting.
- Sound effects.
- Live performers.
While inside the experience you must not:
- Touch the performers or sets inside the experience.
- Eat or drink.
- Attempt to record any aspect of the experience by any means.
- Use your mobile telephone, this must be switched off.
- Turn on any form of light, including laser pointers, glowsticks, torches or mobile phone lights.
- Spoil the experience for the rest of the group by misbehaving or breaking the rules in any way.
We will refuse admission and not refund you if:
- You appear to be under the influence of alcohol or any other substance.
- Your behaviour is perceived as threatening.
This event has Covid secure measures in place
Contactless entry using Skiddle RapidScan
Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
Individual seating/standing areas
One way systems in place
Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
Tables/Booths/Seating areas are disinfected between sessions
Contactless card payments accepted
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.