Interested in a career in media? The BBC Radio 1 Academy is coming to Preston with a host of celebrities and experts offering insight and advice about working in the industry. Guests include Radio 1 breakfast show’s Greg James, Love Island’s Camilla Thurlow, there’ll be exclusive performances from The Amazons and Suli Breaks. You’ll also be able to chat with MTV, Vice, Buzzfeed and loads more. Lunch is provided.
TUESDAY 18th SEPTEMBER 2018
Tickets are FREE! Choose from either the AM session 11:00 – 15:00 or the PM session 16:00 – 19:30 OR get tickets for both!
The event will be held at UCLAN and everyone is welcome.
Afternoon Session - 14:00 – 17:30
A chance to network with industry experts
Love Island’s Camilla Thurlow talks about her career and how taking part in the hit show has changed her life
Camilla Thurlow worked for an international charity as an Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist, safely detonating bombs in conflict zones before appearing on ITV2’s Love Island. Camilla shares the story of her career journey, her decision to take part in Love Island and life since the show
IT’S ALL ABOUT CONTENT
A panel of industry powerhouses chat about creating and publishing content in all its forms
A top panel including:
Craig Orr, Vice President Commissiong and Development MTV International (Geordie Shore, Ex On The Beach, Just Tattoo Of Us, The Charlotte Show)
Sirin Kale Associate of Vice channel Broadly
And Buzzfeed give the lowdown on creating, sharing and publishing content and the different sorts of content we engage with
TURN YOUR PASSION INTO A BRAND
Gaz Oakley, (Avant-Garde Vegan)
Plus more Insta and YouTube influencers tell you how to turn your passion into a brand.
BBC Three’s documentary maker and YouTuber, Riyadh Khalaf, spoken word Poet, Suli Breaks, Insta’s vegan food sensation Gaz Oakley and other guests discuss how they forged successful careers from their hobbies and interests with the help of social media
BAND Q&A AND PERFORMANCE
Brit rock band The Amazons perform and exclusive set live
Rock band, The Amazons, will be on stage for a Q&A and perform an exclusive set, live!
Terms and Conditions
Tickets are issued by Skiddle.com on behalf of the BBC. Use of the ticket and attendance at Radio 1’s Academy are subject to these terms and conditions and your use of a ticket or attendance at Radio 1’s Academy signifies your agreement to these terms and conditions.
1. Entry to this event is at the BBC’s sole discretion and the BBC reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone. Please be aware that the BBC may issue more tickets than there are available spaces as not everyone who requests a ticket will always go on to use that ticket, and we want to ensure that all available spaces will be filled.
2. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted the terms and conditions and to agree to be bound by them when registering.
3. By entering this event you agree to follow the reasonable directions of the BBC particularly in respect of health and safety matters.
4. By entering this event you are a) giving your consent to be filmed and photographed by the BBC and agreement to be included within any resulting film, photograph and/or audio recording; and b)assigning all your rights in any contribution to the BBC for use in any and all media for any purpose at any time throughout the world.
5. Attendance at Radio 1's Academy is restricted to those who are 16 on or before August 31st 2018. Anyone younger than this will not be admitted. Tickets will be named, and ID and proof of age may be requested on entry.
6. Registration is open to residents of the UK and Republic of Ireland only. Other overseas entries will not be considered.
7. Re-admission to the event is permitted. Those returning to the event will have to go through the security procedures again.
8. Each ticket is for a specific session ONLY. If on the day you wish to sign up to another session you must go to the booking desk to see if space is available.
9. The BBC does not accept any responsibility for late or lost tickets. Proof of sending is not proof of receipt.
10. The following articles are not permitted within the venue – flags, chairs, knives, fireworks, smoke canisters, air horns, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, laser devices, glass vessels, poles and articles that might be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety.
11. Tickets may not be sold, traded or offered for sale; and may not be used as a prize or for any other promotional or trade purpose by any organisation other than the BBC. Sale or attempted sale is grounds for seizure or cancellation and those trying to use resold or cancelled tickets will be refused entry into the venue.
12. The entire event site is non-smoking. Anyone who does not comply with this non-smoking policy will be ejected.
13. No animals, with the exception of guide dogs and assistance dogs are permitted into the event.
14. The BBC shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense howsoever caused, except in the case of death or personal injury where this is directly caused by a negligent act or omission of the BBC.
15. The BBC reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any amendments to these terms and conditions will be displayed at the entrance to the event.
16. The BBC, its sub-contractors, subsidiaries and/or agencies cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any other problem which may result in any registration being lost, not properly registered or e-tickets not arriving.
17. The BBC reserves the right to:(i) cancel, amend or change the event (including the line-up and activities) at any stage; (ii) refuse entry to the event, at any stage, should any ticket holder or their guest exhibit inappropriate or dangerous behavior (including, but not limited to, being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs or chemical substances or causing a nuisance)
19. Should the event be cancelled or line-up changed, the BBC will not be liable for the payment of any compensation.
20. The organisers will use their right to search all persons and personal property via the use of bag searches and security checks and refuse admission to, or eject from, the venue, any person who refuses to be searched by a steward or other person acting on their behalf.
21. Unauthorised professional photography or use of professional recording equipment is prohibited. Zoom lens, audio visual or cinematographic devices will not be permitted into the venue.
22. These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.