This event has already happened!
This event occurred in June 2019. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
Woburn Abbey Garden Show celebrates 10th Anniversary on Saturday 22nd - Sunday 23rd June 2019
The award-winning Abbey Gardens will be in their full glory on Saturday 22nd and Sunday 23rd June when visitors will enjoy a wonderful day out with rare access to the Private Gardens of the Duke and Duchess of Bedford (not normally open to the public).
Woburn’s iconic Demonstration and Talks Theatre sees a return of the ever popular Adam Frost and Pippa Greenwood, who will be joined by Woburn’s Estates Gardens Manager Martin Towsey. There will also be an Artisan Food Hall and Luxury Hortus Gift Emporium. The show will provide unparalleled access to award-winning nurseries and exhibitors that have been handpicked by Woburn.
The impressive line-up of judges includes:
- James Alexander-Sinclair, MSDG: designer, writer and member of the RHS Council
- Adam Frost, garden designer, author and TV presenter
- Pippa Greenwood, radio and TV presenter, author and panellist on Radio 4’s Gardeners’ Question Time
- The Duchess of Bedford, herself a keen gardener
- Sarah Cosgrove, Assistant Editor of the well-respected Horticulture Week magazine
Other Show Highlights include:
- ‘Garden Shed Talks and Demos’ provides guests with a vibrant timetable of sessions that includes everything from GYO to gardening for health
- Following the uncertainty around Brexit and the expected rise in food prices, expert allotmenteers and Pippa Greenwood will offer advice and tips on getting more from your plot
- A Gardeners’ panel featuring Adam, Pippa and Martin, where visitors can ask questions about their own garden and receive expert advice.
- Beekeeping demonstrations, virtual hive and plants for pollinators
- Edible flower demos – preserving flowers for cake decoration – pop-up have a go
- GYO: Become an allotmenteer/Get more from your plot/Tried hydroponics?/New varieties to try
- Gardening for mental and physical health
- Wildlife in the garden, The Chicken Coop and the return of Petpiggies
- Free garden tours with RHS qualified gardeners
Dates: Saturday 22nd June 2019 10am to 6pm, last entry 5pm; Sunday 23rd June 2019 10am to 5pm (plant sell off at 3pm), last entry 4pm.
Ticket prices: £16.25 for adults, £15.25 for seniors and free of charge for children under 15 years of age.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.