Please note, this event has been postponed.
New date to be announced in due course.
More than a year has passed since a stop was put on socialising as we knew it! Following a series of on and off lockdowns, substantial meals, mixing in bubbles and generally having no idea of what is going or when we were going to return to normality, we are now definitively on the roadmap to recovery and just weeks away from socially distanced socials, and a mere few months from touching, hugging and dancing as we knew it!
Al fresco-sit-down partying is set to return from April 12th and that means last year’s go to open air venue, HWK: The Lot, is back, with a weekly programming of the best underground DJs London and the UK has to offer.
Grab your bubble of 4 or 6, select your table type and RESERVE!
Tables are just £5- £10 to reserve for your whole group at this relaunch party. Grab them whilst you still can.
On Wednesday night of launch week, we welcome DJs, Andrew Watson and Richard Foe form London based DJ duo / producers / designers / promoters - Good Block.
Nomadic and sporadic in form and function, their parties are centred around danceable odd-ball gems and have hosted the likes of Jamie Tiller, Esa, John Gomez, Selvagem, Africaine 808, Bradley Zero, Cosmic Slop, Nick The Record, Jonny Rock, DJ Okapi, Jon K, Apiento and many more.
In March 2019 - after a series of DJ friendly edits issued gratis - Good Block put out their first fully fledged EP of original material
‘4 Corners E.P’; a composite soup of influences and styles from around the Orb, trekking through slow jungle chug, cosmic Caribbean Juno jams, Japanese synth pop snares and New-Age meanderings.
Their DJ sets cover a wide range of sounds from across the globe: Balearic, Synth Pop, Proto House, African Disco, Kwaito, Caribbean Disco, Reggae / Dancehall and other worldly treasures. Over the past few years they have played on NTS Radio, Red Light Radio, Worldwide FM, LYL Radio as well as parties / sets at Brilliant Corners, Five Miles, The Yard, V&A, Tate Modern, Glastonbury, Nuits Sonores and many established EU/UK clubs and festivals.
Need to Know
. All reservations are for between 2 to 6 people max.
. Tickets are priced per table. Not per person. The cost for a whole table is just £5 or £10.
. You can also add pre-paid drink and food add-ons with this table booking.
. Bookings are held for a max of up to 30 minutes for late arrivals. We may free up your table if you’re any later and don’t contact the venue.
About This Booking
. This reservation is for a table in The Lot, HWK’s outdoor terrace area. It includes entry, live DJs, your reserved table for 4 hours and table service from our bar and kitchen. All food and drinks are ordered from your table.
. All online reservations are in blocks of 4 hours (6pm – 10pm)
. You can make reservations for groups of 2, 4 or 6 with a single transaction covering the cost of the table. So, grab your crew in advance and buy a ticket for your appropriate group size and ensure you pick the appropriate table type. Your group must be from a maximum of two households.
. There are 6 table types that cater for groups of 2, 4 and 6 and are in three distinctive areas of the space: covered (on the dancefloor area, more in the thick of things and heated); in a gazebo (a bit quieter, more private and heated) and uncovered tables (open air).
. COVID rules mean that capacity is limited. So, we advise that you reserve a table in advance to guarantee your desired table for a guarantee of 4 hours. Walk-ins are accepted during these slots if tables are free and come without welcome drinks.
. All guests must arrive together with the ticket buyers, where that person will have their tickets scanned and escorted to their seat for their 4-hour slot.
❤️ ADDITIONAL INFO & SAFETY ❤️
This venue has committed to taking certain safety measures to provide a safe, comfortable experience during these times.
It’s important for us all to follow government guidelines and to minimise transmission of COVID-19. The local licensing authority have made it clear that they will be closing down venues that ignore government guidelines. Getting closed down is no good to us, you, the artists, our staff or the music community. This is a unique opportunity to socialise and see DJs that we love, in an intimate, friendly and safe setting.
In line with UK Government guidance — there will be a number of measures in place to keep everyone safe. Please read below:
- We kindly ask you not to shout, run or dance whilst at the venue.
- Please do not attend if you are showing symptoms of COVID-19 or have been asked to self-isolate.
- Please wear a mask when travelling to, from and queuing for the venue or toilet.
- All guests will be asked to sign into the Government Track & Trace app.
- Hand washing facilities are in all toilets and there are several sanitiser stations set up around the venue – please make use of them!
- All food and drink will be ordered at your table via our floor staff and delivered to you. There will be no service at bars.
- Payments will be card and contactless only.
- There are several table types. Some are covered and some uncovered. We might not be able to move tables in the event of adverse weather. So, if you wanted a covered table, please assemble your group of 4 or 6, and book one in advance for a time slot of your choice. Booking slots are in blocks of 4 hours only.
- Tables have been separated by at least 1m back to back and 2m side to side for your safety and to comply with Government guidance.
- Please don’t arrange to meet in larger groups than your table allows. Keep to your own table area. We cannot allow tables to join together.
- We are unable to offer refunds or transfers of bookings less than 24 hours before your booking starts.
- There is also a grace period for your table reservation. You must arrive no later than 30 minutes after the start of your booking. We will free the table if you are any later. Please contact the venue firstname.lastname@example.org if you think that you are going to be any later and we will do our best to accommodate you. Please try and work with us on this. Whilst we would like to be as flexible as possible, we are working with a limited capacity and rely on the bar sales from tables we have to stay afloat. Due to high staffing costs, no-shows are extremely costly for an operation like this.
Please be aware of others and conform with our social distancing guidelines when at the venue.
★ Location ★
We are located next to Hackney Wick station.
★ The Venue ★
There are two distinct spaces within HWK: “HWK Bar and Restaurant” and “The Lot”. Both are suitable for mixed households. HWK was originally a small cocktail and DJ bar that launched in Summer 2019 with an intimate interior courtyard that serves as an oasis in the industrial landscape of Hackney Wick.
As the bar itself was too small to comply to social distancing measures post lockdown, we initially focused on the interior courtyard and converted it into a restaurant and drinks area with seating. Professional sound was installed, providing drinks and diners with surround sound from the DJs in the bar.
The Lot is the space next door. A small parking lot that we converted over Summer 2020 to Hackney Wick’s best outdoor venue, which has hosted plenty of DJs and parties, including REVIVEHER, Nick The Record, James Priestley, Red Rack’em, Kiwi, Ray Many, Grace Sands, Kristy Harper and Eliza Rose. Expect the best underground DJs from talented upcoming producers to legendary selectors, encompassing all manner of genres.
Last Autumn, a roof was added over half of the space with heating below. We also installed a brand-new, custom built, high fidelity sound system from East London Audio.
The Lot is fully COVID compliant, with plenty of seating all around, from the dance floor, to the front terrace and gazebos. There is table service for drinks and food from our outdoor kitchen.
Both spaces have their own unique atmosphere and DJs. If you prefer intimacy and the music a little quieter, book a table for free in HWK Bar & Restaurant for when we reopen via https://resy.com/cities/ldn/hwk , where you can enjoy flavours from So Cal and Baha Mexico, alongside some seriously excellent music selected by a varied roster of acclaimed record collectors.
And If you want the next best thing to a proper party in these strange times, book a table in The Lot!
WHAT TO EXPECT
An open air venue in the heart of Hackney Wick, serving a wide selection of drinks and delicious street food every Thursday – Sunday.
When arriving at HWK – The Lot, you and your ‘Bubble’ will be seated on a table for just you and your group to enjoy for the afternoon or evening at a safe distance!
We have DJs every Friday evening and all-day Saturday. Expect the best underground DJs from talented upcoming producers to legendary selectors, encompassing all manner of genres. Check the listings on our website and Skiddle, for special events, as well as for when we have DJs on Thursdays and Sundays.
Oh… and if it rains, we will have you covered… Literally! We have a covered area and dancefloor with tables too!
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.