Swish & Style Giant Clothes Swap on Wednesday 8th January 2020
If your New Year’s resolution is to shop more sustainably then don’t miss the Swish & Style events in 2020, brought to you by North London Waste Authority’s Wise Up to Waste campaign. Launching on 8 January at Dragon Hall in Covent Garden, Swish & Style is a massive clothes swap or ‘Swish’. Bring along good quality clothes you no longer want, swap them for tokens and then spend those tokens on items you love. The first of 13 events this year, it’s free and good for the planet – what better way to start the New Year?
You can also take part in an upcycling workshop around repair and alterations and Wendy Rigg, Stylist and Fashion Editor (Daily Mail, Good Housekeeping and Saga), will be on hand to offer styling advice to help you find the perfect pieces.
Research shows you’re likely to have at least six items in your wardrobe that you haven’t worn for a year. Dig them out and swap them for something you will wear. More mindful fashion shopping means you save money and help tackle the climate emergency – it’s the future of fashion; get involved.
· Clean and wearable women’s and men’s clothes
· Clean and undamaged shoes and accessories like hats, scarves and gloves
Please don’t bring the following:
· Damaged clothes, with holes or stains
· Underwear, bath towels, bedding (unless unworn/unused in original sealed packaging)
· Stockings, tights and leggings
Swish & Style event schedule:
- Camden Jan 8, 2020 6-9pm: Dragon Hall Covent Garden Dragon Hall Trust, 17, Stukeley Street, London WC2B 5LT
- Hackney Jan 11, 2020 3-6pm: Round Chapel Schoolrooms 1D Glenarm Rd, Clapton, London E5 0LY;Workshop:Amber Joy- Natural Dyeing
- Enfield Jan 18, 2020 2-5pm: St Mary Magdalene Windmill Hill, Enfield, EN2 7AJ; Workshop: Host TBA - Upcycling with Embroidery
- Haringey Jan 23, 2020 6.30-9.30pm: Salisbury Hotel 1, Grand Parade, Green Lanes, London N4 1JX; Workshop: Host TBA - Leather Upcycling and Repair.
- Islington Feb 2, 2020 2-5pm: St Mary's Community Partnership Upper St, The Angel, London N1 2TX; Workshop: Fast Fashion Therapy- Upcycling, Basic Mending and Boro
- Waltham Forest Feb 6, 2020 6.30-9.30pm: Today Bread/Central Parade Co-working 6-10 Central Parade, 137 Hoe Street, Walthamstow E17 4RT; Workshop: Anna Alcock - Screen Printing
- Barnet Feb 15, 2020 1-4pm: Artsdepot 5 Nether St, North Finchley, London N12 0GA; Workshop: Amber Joy- Natural Dyeing
- Enfield Feb 22, 2020 2-5pm: St Mary Magdalene Windmill Hill, Enfield, EN2 7AJ; Workshop: Fast Fashion Therapy - Upcycling, Basic Mending and Boro
- Camden Feb 29, 2020 1-4pm: Lauderdale House Waterlow Park, Highgate Hill, London N6 5HG; Workshop: Fast Fashion Therapy - Upcycling, Basic Mending and Boro
- Haringey Mar 5, 2020 6.30-9.30pm: Salisbury Hotel 1, Grand Parade, Green Lanes, London N4 1JX Workshop: Fast Fashion Therapy - Upcycling, Basic Mending and Boro
- Hackney March 14, 2020 1-4pm: Abney Hall 73A Stoke Newington Church St, Stoke Newington, London N16 0AS; Workshop: Fast Fashion Therapy - Upcycling, Basic Mending and Boro
- Islington Mar 21, 2020 1-4pm:Lift, 45 White Lion Street, London, N1 9PW; Workshop: Moody Bright Designs - Upcycling with Embroidery
- Waltham Forest March 28, 2020 2-5pm: St. John's Hall High Road, Leytonstone, London, E11 1HH; Workshop: Fast Fashion Therapy - Upcycling, Basic Mending and Boro
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.