’Everyday Life Drawing’ is a conceptual life drawing class which explores bodies in relation to the space in which they inhabit and the commonplace objects we interact with daily.
The aim of this class is to explore the positions and movements of the body through an everyday lens.
Choreographed poses going through both the expected and unexpected daily rituals with household paraphernalia; looking at how form follows function and the playful interactions that can open up within these movements.
Led by artist Abbie Bradshaw who’s practice focuses on the relationship between the body, space, and object in the context of the everyday. Using performance, moving images, installation, and sound she explores what motivates our daily movement and interactions within the environments we exist in. Abbie's work deliberately blurs the boundaries between art and everyday life.
Each session will involve the participants to use their own style of drawing meaning all mediums are welcomed. The classes aim to reframe life drawing from its traditional quiet repose of figure study into a more imaginative, free flowing observational form.
Event / Venue Information:
- Entrance to the event is via the Leece Street Gate
- Last entry is 19:00, please arrive for 18:30
- This event is strictly 18+
- All art materials / equipment will be provided, however you are also welcome to bring your own
- Chairs will be available
- If you require any wheelchair access or any other assistance then please email@example.com
- There will be no bar or cafe onsite for this event but you are welcome to bring in any soft / hot drinks and snacks with you. Alcoholic drinks are strictly prohibited.
- The venue grounds are a bit uneven and slippery when wet, keep this in mind when choosing footwear
- The venue has portaloos on site, including an accessible toilet.
Important Venue Information Regarding Possible Postponement:
- St Luke’s Bombed Out Church is an open-air venue and the event will proceed even in light to moderate rain, so please check the forecast and dress for the weather! We encourage you to bring appropriate clothing to keep you cosy and dry.
- If heavy rainfall or extreme weather is forecast the event may be postponed to a new date to which your ticket will be transferred over to. You will be notified no later than 1pm on the day of the event, so please do keep this in mind before you travel and keep an eye on your emails in the run up to the event.