Streetfest Leeds on Saturday 11th May 2019
Emerging out of east London, the StreetFest concept and ethos is uniquely an urban arts festival combining the country’s leading creative minds, across live art, dance, fashion, urban sports, music, food and more. Against Streetfest’s urban backdrop, a vibrant collective of performers, artists and creatives consisting of painters, poets, designers, illustrators, graffiti artists, tattooists, singers, skaters, parkour practitioners, street dancers, riders and writers, come together for a day and night that is for all ages, families and urban tastemakers alike.
Featuring live art, musical performances, DJ and MC battles, street dance, screenings, workshops, live demos, competitions from skate gurus and more, each event will harness local creativity. Local and internationally celebrated graffiti and street artists, painters and illustrators will create a colourful kaleidoscope of murals in and around the festival. Highlights for Leeds include:
- Visual Arts:Over 12 local & international artists creating work live at the event
- Music:Two stages of live music, DJ and dynamic performance
- Mini-Ramp Jam: Professional and amateur skate competitions on a 32ft half pipe with 50 skaters competing for best tricks over an hour and half for cash prizes
- The Game of SKATE:Over 30 Professional and Amateur skaters competing for the best tricks for cash prizes in a Game of SKATE on the day
- Red Bull ‘Mind The Gap’:Over 40 invited skaters performing during the day with cash prizes on offer
- Dance:Real time dance battles, shows & demonstrations will take place during the day
StreetFest sprung out of Shoreditch back in 2008. Seeing the creative ‘spark’ that collectives such as Kingdom magazine, Lovenskate, Secret Wars, VnA Magazine generated in their events inspired Streetfest founder Bayo Alaba to bring these dynamic forces together into one event to see what could be created. Streetfest was born and has been growing and innovating with every passing year into a truly immersive, interactive festival that now sees nearly 3,000 pass through across the day.
StreetFest offers a strong musical programme embodying the tone of the festival as well as a mix of both established and up-and -coming bands, artists and DJs from the urban scene. StreetFest has long prided itself to be early champions of some of music’s hottest names. Previous live artists have included Afrikan Boy, Stush, Goldie, Miss Dynamite, Loyle Carner, Oddisee, Professor Green, HUDSON, Wretch 32, Devlin, Maverick Sabre and Ghost Poet.
Earlybirds - £8
Lazybirds - £10
Latebirds - £12
Flock of birds (Group of 6) £50
Family Ticket (2 adults & 2 children) £20
Babybirds (under 12's) - FREE ENTRY WITH GUARDIAN
Music Genres: Bass Music, Drum n Bass, Hip Hop, Jazz, Spoken Word
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.