This event has already happened!
This event occurred in November 2018. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
Vote 100: Born a Rebel, Huddersfield on Sunday 18th November 2018
We at Cinema for All are celebrating the centenary of women’s suffrage in our favourite way: through the magic of film! We’ve commissioned - from the Yorkshire, North East and North West Film Archives - a wonderful new short film made up of archive material charting the story of women in British public life over the last 100 years.
Join us for a screening of the 15-minute short, which will be accompanied by live music, spoken word, discussions and more fantastic short films made by brilliant women. Oh, and free tasty food from Yakumama!
Just look at the fantastic line-up of talented women in store for you:
- Marianne McNamara of the Mikron Theatre Company will be in-conversation about their recent play and its subject, Sylvia Pankhurst
- Anindita Ghosh, professor at the University of Manchester, will speak about Indian women’s involvement in the British women’s suffrage movement
- Khadijah Ibrahiim, one of Yorkshire’s most prolific poets, will treat us to some of her wonderful words
- Vanessa Jamie, Leeds-born Singer/songwriter, will share with us a sound that spans neo-soul, jazz and funk
- The Seamonsters, Sheffield’s indie glitter girl wonders, will get the joint jumping
- Crumbs' post-punk partying will keep it that way
We will end the evening in the trustworthy hands of Girl Gang as they treat us to one of their world-famous (well, UK-famous maybe) DJ sets
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.