This event has already happened!
This event occurred in October 2019. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
magic of motown on Saturday 12th October 2019
The Magic of Motown is now in its 13th year! And with over a million people coming to twist the night away with us, the legacy of the sweet soul of the Sixties is unparallel to any other music genre. Get Ready to be Dancing in the Street with back-to-back classics; recreated with the same passion and excitement, from all your favourite Motown stars!
From the compelling and passionate solo performers such as Marvin Gaye, Diana Ross, Stevie Wonder, Martha Reeves and Smokey Robinson; to the Detroit groups who changed the Motown music scene forever including, The Temptations, The Supremes, Four Tops and the Jackson 5. This show has it all!
You’ll be calling for Mr Postman to deliver your tickets, with timeless classics including Ain’t No Mountain, Signed Sealed Delivered, Grapevine, Blame It on the Boogie, Uptight, Endless Love, All Night Long and so many more!
Celebrate the sound of a generation, Reach Out for The Magic of Motown!
This is a tribute show and is no way affiliated with any original artists/estates/management companies or similar shows.
STATS AND FACTS
- Having been seen by over a million people, The Magic of Motown is one of the most successful and biggest tribute shows the UK has to offer!
- Motown Records was the most successful record label of soul music. During the 60’s, Motown achieved an incredible 79 records in the top-ten of the Billboard Hot 100, between 1960 and 1969.
- The name Motown is derived from Detroit’s automotive scene, where the fabled city is otherwise known as Motor Town.
- Motown founder, Berry Gordy, wrote or co-wrote over 200 songs for Motown’s incredible music catalogue, consisting of approximately 15,000 songs.
MORE ABOUT THE ARTIST – ANDRE
- How long have you been a fan of Motown? Since I was a kid, I grew up with Motown! My dad used to sing to my mum around our house. Stevie Wonder was always a favourite of mine, and still is my favourite artist.
- If you hadn’t had been a performer what would you be doing? If I hadn’t become a performer I would’ve been gardening and landscaping as I love it, I used to do it in America when I was a teenager and had a passion for it. I had my own gardening business in America before I took up singing as a career.
- What advice would you give to someone who would like to get into the industry? The advice I would give to someone wanting to get into the industry would be to keep singing and never give up on your dreams. Keep learning new music and be able to accept constructive criticism to improve.
*Please find our full interview with Andre enclosed in the Google Drive link*
Music Genres: Soul
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.