Hula Hooping for beginners on Monday 22nd October 2018
the Monday mid-day Hoop Sessions continues this autumn! Same place, in Edinburgh old town.
We'll be shaking it up with a hula hoop to exotic rhythms while getting in a great workout. Drop in based, £5 per session (cash).
The class is open for all levels and ages (but recommended from 12 years) but is especially suitable for complete beginners! Don’t worry if you have not hula hooped since you were a child – we always go through the very basic techniques of how to hoop.
We use hula-hoops (various sizes provided in class) which are big in diameter and therefore perfect for adults.
These handmade hula hoops can also be purchased for £20, collapsible and non collapsible, bring cash if you'd like to buy one to keep practicing at home!
BENEFITS OF HULA HOOPING:
- Strengthening the core, hips and back
- Improves coordination, balance and posture
- Develops muscle control
- Helps release tension in the back
-Low impact cardio, full-body workout
- The basics: learn how to keep the hoop spinning around the waist. Tips, techniques and practice!
- Practice moving the arms and legs while keeping the hoop spinning on our waist: walking, stepping, lunges etc.
- ‘Off body moves’ with the hoop in our hands, and other hoop moves. Working out arms and shoulders.
- Connecting different moves to make it all fluid and graceful!
Bring a bottle of water, training shoes (optional but recommended), and a positive attitude ('cause you can do it!! ;-)) and let's go!
message me if you have any questions!
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.