Solid Entertainments is delighted to announce that Durham Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival will be taking place at Rainton Meadows Arena on Saturday 23rd June 2018!
To celebrate our move to Rainton Meadows Arena, one of the largest indoor venues in North East England with a capacity of 2000 people and car parking for over 900 cars, we are be bringing some well known names to the county from around the UK and across the English Channel. With Climax Blues Band headlining and five other very different, but striking bands in the line-up, this will undoubtedly be a great festival and one live music event not to miss in the North East!
Climax Blues Band has had huge selling albums like FM/Live and Gold Plated, the 1976 hit single “Couldn’t Get It Right” (from Gold Plated) and “I Love You” in 1981, their reputation carrying right through until the tragic death of founder member Colin Cooper in 2008. Colin’s death could have meant the end of the band, but his desire was for the band to continue creating the fine blues blend that they have been associated with since their formation.........Colin’s desire has been accepted with relish by the remaining members of the band.
This solid unit has flown the Climax flag with tremendous passion and style; the spring in their step is taking the band forward and pleasing crowds throughout Europe. The ‘seamless’ transition in carrying on creating the unique Climax sound is the result of hard work, disguised by a band having a great time making music….
The full line up is as follows:
- Climax Blues Band - it’s been a long road, but one thing for sure is that the Climax Blues Band of today carries the same standard of quality as it did when the band formed back in the late 60s!
- Chantel McGregor – delivering songs that salutes contemporary rock and showing her gradual transition from conventional Blues to a harder, bigger and bolder rock sound with progressive influences!
- Ken Pustelnik’s Groundhogs - historically speaking, Groundhogs in their current form have been in existence for but a moment in time, yet their back story is extensive and varied!
- Stevie Nimmo Trio – enjoying making music now as much as at any point throughout his 20 years in the business and relishes the prospect of continuing to tour and playing live!
. Kris Barras Band – Kris was nominated for 'Blues Guitarist of the Year 2017' by Total Guitar magazine and voted into the Top 15 Blues Guitarists in the World by Music Radar!
- Félix Rabin – is a French twenty two year old singer-songwriter with a style that embodies the best of Rock and Blues and holds such passion and talent, that you will be blown away!
With this calibre of artist stepping on stage, festival goers can expect to see top class live performances and hear a range of incredible sounds with sets that incorporate a creative mix of Blues, Rock and R & B, with a sprinkling of prog-rock in the mix!
No need to worry about searching for food and drinks on the day either, there will be a range of alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, real ales available and a varied menu that should meet everyone's taste!
Don't miss out on Durham Blues, Rhythm & Rock Festival on Saturday 23rd June
The festival takes place at Rainton Meadows Arena, Rainton Meadows, Mercantile Rd, Houghton le Spring, Tyne and Wear DH4 5PH
Early Bird tickets are only £27.00 + bf and to book, please call 01472 349 222 or go online at http://durhambluesfestival.co.uk/tickets.html
To find out more about line up and the festival in general, please visit http://durhambluesfestival.co.uk/index.html
Don’t be late, doors open at 1.30 p.m. and the music starts at 2.00 p.m. and ends at 10.00 p.m.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.