This event has already happened!
This event occurred in June 2021. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Click here to view all reviews or add your own »
The Great Chorley Bake Off on Saturday 5th June 2021
On Saturday 5 June, A Taste of Chorley Food and Drink Showcase event will be taking place across the Town Centre incorporating a market area of local businesses, live music, information stands, activities and professional chefs demonstrating their cooking skills in which people will have the chance to taste the dishes.
Let’s celebrate our local food culture and get baking. We’re looking for all levels of bakers who are ready to showcase their skills.
- Entries must be made via Skiddle, please enter ASAP as entries will close once enough bakers have signed up
- All entries must be brought to the judging area by 11 am on Saturday 5th June 2021
- Entrants may enter one entry per class
- Entries must comply with health & food hygiene standards and be safe for sampling by the judges
- All entries must be baked by the entrant themselves and not made from packet mixes
- Judging will take place on Saturday 5th June from 11:30am
- Winner will be announced at the demonstration theatre at 4 pm
- Prizes must be collected on the day and cannot be posted
- Entrants must agree to allow photographs taken by the festival photographers to be used for promotional purposes
Over 16’s & Adult Hobby Bakers/ Professional Bakers Classes
- Chorley Cake – five Chorley cakes made from shortcrust pastry & dried fruit in a round flattened shape with a partially revealed filling
- Victoria Sponge – a Victoria sandwich cake filled with raspberry jam only
- Scone – five fruit scones
- Vegan – Chocolate cake
- Afternoon Tea – To include a minimum of two savoury items, one of which must be a sandwich & two sweet items, one of which must be a cake, the rest is up to you!
- Centre Piece Bread – a show stopping centre piece made from ANY type of yeasted dough whether that be sweet or savoury, enriched or sourdough, seeded or fruity it up to you
Under 16 Junior Bakers Classes
- Biscuits – 5 fabulously decorated shortbread/vanilla biscuits
- Cupcakes – 5 fabulously decorated sponge cupcakes
- Celebration Cake – a children birthday cake, any design to be judge on taste & design
Prizes sponsored by Bee’s County Kitchen & The Brinscall Baker
- Professional Baker Categories Winner - £25 Bees County Kitchen Gift Vouchers
- 16 or over Adult Bakers Winner - £25 Bees Country Kitchen Gift vouchers
Under 16 Junior Bakers
- Winner of each category – Baker Hamper filled with baking goodies
- Runner up in each category – Mini Baker Hamper
Please ensure you enter the correct email address as we will use this to send you further information including drop off location.
If you would like to enter more than one child for the under 16's classes you will have to do this in multiple transactions.
For more details please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.