BIAZA Love Your Zoo Photography Week on Saturday 25th - Friday 31st May 2019
Why not join us to celebrate the beauty of nature from the 25th May to 1st June. We will be holding a week-long event focusing on loving our Zoo, through Photography. The event will focus on conservation, education and research, with specialist talks. Why not enter our competition to capture images of the animals and the Zoo in various ways to win prizes! Don't worry if you only have a phone to capture images, all pictures will be considered.
On Thursday 30th and Friday 31st May we will be holding five, FREE, photography composition workshops. Peter Hitchman from Going Digital will be leading these, which range in age and will be able to be booked on the day.
5 reasons to love your zoo:
- BIAZA members participate in more than 800 conservation projects every year – playing a vital role in global conservation.
- Offering a secure funding stream, BIAZA members contribute more than £24million a year to field conservation projects.
- BIAZA members participate in 1,400 research projects every year, many of these measuring behaviour with the aim of improving animal welfare – your visit helps us learn about helping wildlife.
- By visiting BIAZA zoos and aquariums you are helping to safeguard the future of vulnerable, threatened and endangered species.
- More than 2,000 different species of animals can be seen at BIAZA zoos and aquariums – showcasing the diversity of animals on our planet and inspiring the public to care.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at the workshops.
- The workshops on Thursday 30th and Friday 31st May will be bookable on the day, on a first come first serve basis.
- There will be 5 bookable workshops on the above two dates.
- The photography competition will be split into three categories, under 10's, 10-18 and 18+.
- There will be one winner from each category.
- Closing date for the entries is Wednesday 5th June, all images must be sent before this date.
- To submit your image, send it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading, 'BIAZA Photography Competition'.
- Within the body of the email please specify your name, age and when the photograph was taken.
- Photos must have been taken at the Zoo within the event dates (Saturday 25th May - Saturday 1st June).
- All three winners will recieve an animal adoption of their choice and their image to be displayed at the Zoo, credited to them.
- Animal Adoptions are limited to a: Lion, Tiger, Bear, Camel, Cow, Crocodile, Bird of Prey, Giraffe, Goat, Lemur, Meerkat, Pig, Rhino, Lamb, Zebra, Skunk, Primate, Llama, Reindeer, Ostrich, Highland Cow, Duck, Chick, Alpaca and a Rabbit.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.