This event has already happened!
This event occurred in February 2020. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
Close Knit Promotions Comedy Night on Monday 3rd February 2020
EmbraceAbility provides therapy, support and education for children with disabilities in Cambodia.
The line up for the Close Knit promotions comedy night will be Jen Brister (compere), Sindhu Vee, Suzi Ruffell, Zoe Lyons and Jessica Fostekew.
Jen is a critically acclaimed stand up comedian, writer and actor. She is a regular performer on the UK and international comedy circuits. She has written for BBC Scotland, presented for BBC 6 Music and Juice FM, and has been a regular contributor to magazines and online sites including Diva, g3, Standard Issue and The Huffington Post.
Sindhu Venkatanarayanan is an Indian stand-up comedian. She was born in India and has lived in Delhi, Lucknow and the Philippines. She has studied at the universities of Delhi, Oxford, Chicago and McGill. ... She started performing stand-up comedy in 2012 and has performed on stage in the UK, India and the United States.
Suzi is regarded as one of the best up-and-coming acts, Suzi won best club comic at the 2019 Chortle Awards. It has been a busy few years for Suzi, with three sell-out runs at the Edinburgh Festival resulting in her recording her show Keeping It Classy for Live from the BBC – released last summer – and a clip racking up over 16 million views on Facebook. Her shows receive critical acclaim, and have nabbed her the working-class comedy crown of her generation. Suzi has most recently appeared on Live at the Apollo, Mock The Week, Roast Battle, Ultimate Worrier, Hypothetical, Stand Up Central and Comedy Central at the Comedy Store.
Zoe took her first steps down the comedy path in 2003 after training as an actress at the Poor School in London. She went on to win the Funny Women Competition in 2004 and her debut Edinburgh show was nominated for the if.comedy newcomer award. In 2008 she won the Dave, Funniest Joke of The Fringe Award.
Jessica Fostekew. Comedian, actor and writer. Star of Motherland BBC and Cuckoo BBC/ Netflix, host of The Hoovering Podcast and regular co-host of the behemoth The Guilty Feminist. Guardian say she “wears her smarts on her sleeve, great stuff” and Fest called her “consistently hilarious.”
Tickets are priced as follows:
£15 for concession: we consider concession to be unwaged, NHS workers, minimum wage/zero hour and people having a hard time. This system is built on trust so please buy the ticket you can afford.
£25 full price
Accessibility at Komedia:
Komedia aims to be accessible to all.
Customers who require the support of a companion are entitled to one free ticket with their purchased ticket.
These tickets are available by phone 01273 647100 or in person at the Box Office.
If early entrance to the venue is required please may we ask you to contact email@example.com so we can make suitable arrangements ahead of your visit.
If you are a wheelchair user or have special access requirements and book tickets online please call 01273 647100 (12noon – 6pm) or email firstname.lastname@example.org so we make the necessary arrangements for you
– Assistance Animals are welcome in the venue and bar. A bowl of water can be provided. Guide Dog and Assistance Dog owners have important rights under the Equality Act 2010 (EA). Details can be found at assistancedogs.org.uk
– There is lift access to the two performance spaces.
– Both spaces are accessible via stairs and our lift. Komedia’s main entrance is ground level on Gardner Street (level 2 within the building).
– There are fully accessible disabled toilets for Komedia Downstairs and the Studio.
– Our licence specifies the maximum number of wheelchair users that can be accommodated on each floor. We advise wheelchair users to book in advance to guarantee access and in order that we can reserve a suitable table for the party.
– The bars in our performance spaces have low-level access for wheelchair users.
– Large print menus and wine lists are available on request.
– Visually impaired customers are advised to inform us when booking tickets in order that we can reserve a table near the front for the party.
– Food & Drink Menus are available in braille.
– The downstairs performance space has a Sennheiser infra-red Hearing System. Please let the box office know if you would like to use the system when you are booking so they can reserve you a suitable seat and a headset.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.