This event has already happened!
This event occurred in October 2018. If you're looking for a upcoming event, try the links below:
Reviews of this event
Be the first to leave your review of this event »
Reducing long stays in hospitals on Tuesday 16th October 2018
With the pressures on the NHS making news headlines every winter, it is time to engage in serious preparation work to ensure that hospital corridors will not serve as impromptu wards this winter. Run in partnership with the British Red Cross, this event will highlight ways in which the health and social care system can come together to ensure that every patient receives the right care for them.
Learn about practical solutions and hear about new developments from:
- expert consultants from The King’s Fund who help NHS trusts to develop their skills in relationship-building
- NHS Improvement’s plans to transform patient flow with new policy interventions
- the Care Quality Commission and the findings from their local systems reviews, to learn which measures work in practice and what mistakes can be avoided
- mental health professionals, who explain why some complaints seem somatic but are often not and why A&E is not the appropriate place for treatment
- the role of technology in providing innovative solutions to designing the patient journey
- the practical solutions implemented by the British Red Cross that prevent hospital re-admission with minimal spending
- the National Housing Federation’s discussion on the role of housing in facilitating discharge and linking hospitals with the delivery of social care.
Please note: The event information above has been added by the organiser. Whilst we try to ensure all details are up-to-date we do not make any warranty or representation as to the accuracy or completeness of the information shown.